Skip to main content
Topic: what do you think? (now on the frame everybody) (Read 2160 times) previous topic - next topic

what do you think? (now on the frame everybody)

Reply #15
Quote from: tbirdscott;113894
Find a good chevelle forum and post it up there, they'd have a good idea of its worth, I'd get some friends and beer one weekend and make it a roller, then see what the offers go up to.

Scott

I thought of that too.slappin the doors back on it.. yeah

and i tried ebay... thats how i got in touch with this douche bag

Reply #16
alrighty guys, this beast is back on the frame and rolling around.

gonna start putting shiznit back in it. :D then i may be able to snag some pics.

Reply #17
Sweet deal, post'em when ya got'em.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #18

not the best pics, but yeah enjoy 'em

*second thinking the sale idea...but alas no answer*

Reply #19
after lastnight today is going slow as balls, all im doing is rounding up parts. and sweeping the dust out from around the car... seeing it has sat for 16 years untouched..... JOY!

but yeah it looks like a freakin car now :D

Reply #20
Roll it into the light and hose it off (or atleast wipe it down). Looks better than $1500 already dont it?

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #21
I would say $4000 min. when it's said and done. It looks to be in great condition

Reply #22
looks can be decieveing

the floors are gone. needs quarters

sure as hell looks like more than 1500

try about 2500-3000

Reply #23
as long as most of the body is sound and certain other things are there you should be able to get a decent amount out of it.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #24
They sell replacement floor pans for them. To a hotrod guy or someone lookin to restore, that may be a gold mine. I guess it all depends on the buyer

Reply #25
Your Chevelle will bring that easy. Dont think too highly of it, but with all of the parts you have, it is worth a good sum of money. If he wanted your car that badly he would give you straight cash and be done, not hassle you about a trade and him getting jipped. Just let him make the offer. After all its your car.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #26
I dont know if you should sell it. Isn't it your dad's? Even though its a chevy, it would be a fun and easy car to fix up.  Complete with engine you could get double or triple if that is what it comes down to. But I would stick with it. There is a reason someone held on to it that long, and its wasen't to get $1500-3000.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #27
im not really a fan of chevy cars in general. there are a few exceptions but all in all i like ford cars better.. im talkin to the guy, he could possibly find me a 70's Torino GT maybe not, but being a 136 malibu its not gonna rake me in a shiznitload of money. and beside the fact i about fell through the trunk yesterday...i dont wanna put money in somthing that i cant drive... by the time i put 4k in it i might be able to have brakes on it, have a mint rolling chassis and maaaaaybe new floors in it

if sombody came up to me with a trailer and $2500 cash i would be happy as a lark.

and haystack, no its not my dads car. its actually titled in my moms name. my dad is the jackass who made it this way in the first place.
i havent seen him in 13 years.