Skip to main content
Topic: Yard Sale Find... (Read 2426 times) previous topic - next topic

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #15
Quote from: 5.0willgo;113382
I need that poster!!

X2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #16
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;113334

Actually Bills '87 car was faster(by just a bit)... He went 212.809 in May '87 for the all time record... Nascar had the restrictor plate rule in force by the next Talladega race in Aug '87...

Ok, I was trying to find info on Lynn St. James record at Talladega. I know she hit well over 200mph in a T-bird but I can't seem to find any specifics.

Edit: Ok found the info, but no pics:

October 11, 1988: Lyn St. James sets a record closed course run for a female at 212.577 mph, driving a Ford Thunderbird.

2nd Edit: Found these interesting too:

January 23, 1990: Patty Moise sets a record closed course run for a female at 217.498 mph, driving a Buick.

June 10, 2004: Rusty Wallace tests a stock car without a restrictor plate for series sponsor Nextel to test communication capabilities, and hits a speed over 228 mph on the straights (some reports say the speeds were close to 235), and 221 mph average speed for the lap.

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #17
Quote from: CrystalPistol;113372

I seem to recall Bill at Daytona having to pit while a roll of duct tape was applied to his right front headlight and fender to satisfy NASCAR so that he would loose two laps, and he then went out and under strictly green flag conditions, ran Cale Yarbrough down from 2 laps back (over 5 miles) and Cale was in a Waddell Wilson (always top notch equipement) preped car.  Awsome Bill he was, as was his whole team!

-actually it was TALLADEGA and it was a loose oil line.  i was there that day.  and the t-bird lyn st. james used was a mn-12 body style.  i was part of the video team for that.  used to have a copy, but lost it in a tornado ......
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #18
Great clock.  That photo makes me yearn for the days when the cars in NASCAR still looked like the cars on which they were supposed to be based.  Today's generic cars with Chevy-Ford-Dodge headlight stickers do nothing for me.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars