Skip to main content
Topic: Yard Sale Find... (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

Yard Sale Find...

Home made clock, still a cool item..

Commerating Bill's 212.239 MPH qualifying speed at Talladega May '86...

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #1
Nice photo of the car...
But he did the 212.809 lap at Talladega in 1987...

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #2
Look awsome. How much was it?

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #3
Awesome.  Looks like it was built using some mailbox numbers and a magazine clipping.  As only a TRUE Million-Dollar-Bill fan would do.  :cheers:

I dig it, bro.

FYI - for those that don't know, that car is, and probably always WILL be, the fastest NASCAR stocker of all time.  Rule changes have eliminated a lot of the things that allowed our aero-birds to be so fast, mostly restrictor-plates on the big tracks.
1984 Thunderbird V8

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #4
Sweet, that's a great pic of his car.

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #5
Quote from: 84 Fila;113331
Look awsome. How much was it?

I think it was $5, I've had it stashed away for awhile. Just bought a new clock works for it recently to get it runnig again...

Quote from: 46Tbird;113332
Awesome.  Looks like it was built using some mailbox numbers and a magazine clipping.  As only a TRUE Million-Dollar-Bill fan would do.  :cheers:

I dig it, bro.

FYI - for those that don't know, that car is, and probably always WILL be, the fastest NASCAR stocker of all time.  Rule changes have eliminated a lot of the things that allowed our aero-birds to be so fast, mostly restrictor-plates on the big tracks.

Actually Bills '87 car was faster(by just a bit)... He went 212.809 in May '87 for the all time record... Nascar had the restrictor plate rule in force by the next Talladega race in Aug '87...

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #6
shiznit.

That is a four-eye in the pic, isn't it?
1984 Thunderbird V8

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #7
Yuppers

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #8
Quote from: 46Tbird;113336
shiznit.

UUHHHH last time I looked...

Always kinda wished it was the '87 car, but it's still cool...

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #9
Quote from: 46Tbird;113336
shiznit.

You're stuck between that and the Chicken Pit aren't you.... :rollin:

These cars made the best looking "stock" cars ever.

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #10
Quote from: 5.0willgo;113340
These cars made the best looking "stock" cars ever.

Amen Brother!!!

Bill and the late Davy Allison in turn three at the OLD Richmond VA Fairgrounds Raceway...

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #11
Old Bud Moore cars with Ricky Rudd and Brett Bodine.

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #12
All the '87's.....
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #13
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;113314
Home made clock, still a cool item..

Commerating Bill's 212.239 MPH qualifying speed at Talladega May '86...

Yeah, I remember it well.  Darrell Waltrip commented that his car was running 212 down the back straight too .... as it was overheating. 

I seem to recall Bill at Daytona having to pit while a roll of duct tape was applied to his right front headlight and fender to satisfy NASCAR so that he would loose two laps, and he then went out and under strictly green flag conditions, ran Cale Yarbrough down from 2 laps back (over 5 miles) and Cale was in a Waddell Wilson (always top notch equipement) preped car.  Awsome Bill he was, as was his whole team!

Yard Sale Find...

Reply #14
Quote from: BCA;113366
All the '87's.....

I need that poster!!

I have one like that for the cars of '96 and have almost gotten the thing autographed by all the drivers. Unfortunately, it's taken me 10 years to get it more than half autographed and I don't think it will ever be completely signed.