Skip to main content
Topic: Need advice stupid neighbor (Read 3399 times) previous topic - next topic

Need advice stupid neighbor

Ok I get a letter in the mail yesterday from the health dept. They claim that they observed violations on my property. Due to my stupid neighbor that has a deaf son that has nothing better to do but to scream at people, because their cars are what he calls too loud.
:soapbox:
The code the city of council bluffs quotes:
"Junk" Vehciles and or autoparts ( inoperable Vehicles, vehicles with missing parts or flat tires Violate Munil code chapter 4.12 must be stored in a enclosed buliding  with 4 walls and a roof or removed from the primises or repaired fully to comply with code 4.15."
They said that I have a Black 85 Ford Bronco 4x4 with a broken rear window, Back window is the violation. Its a plastic window that has a little crack in it so i put duck tape on it. Note they got the color of the bronco wrong its blue.

Then they claim that I have solid waste == branches in the front yard
They proceed to say if i dont take care of all of this by nov 8 I will face a $750 fine from the city.

I cleaned the branches up already. My question is how can they get me for a rear window? the vehicle was parked on my property and it runs and I drive it 2 times a week. Is it me or is this a bunch of bull that they can pick at me over a back window. I dont want to spend money to get a back window for it its a vehicle i use to haul stuff to the dump with and to tow a trailer. Can I just take the window out or does vehicle code state that I need to have one?

Reply #1
how can a deaf kid hear a loud car?  If I were you I'd fight all the way and make someone come out and explain it and show you whats wrong. where are you located?

Reply #2
This is why I just bought a house 40KM from the city at the end of a dead end street with no other houses on the street and a tree'd in yard. I hate people.

I'd just go kick your neighbours in the teeth, people like that can not be reasoned with.

You'd better replace that ducttape with clear packing tape before the city tows off your daily driver :screwy:

:sorry: this is kinda one of my peeves..

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
Quote from: 88turbo;111636
how can a deaf kid hear a loud car?  If I were you I'd fight all the way and make someone come out and explain it and show you whats wrong. where are you located?

Thats what I asked the neighbor he said that the exhaust makes his house shake and it effects his son. I'm located in Council Bluffs , Iowa

Reply #4
Over protective much???

Time to start firing up your loudest vehicle at 5am to warm it up for work..
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #5
Best thing to do is see if you can find someting wrong with his property. The one that throws the first stone always has the most to hide.

As for the rear window. Back the truck up to your house or what ever. So when they come to see if its fixed call the cops and report them for tresspass.

Reply #6
i hate my neibors too, not to take away from your problems but i have to park in the street every night. not so bad cause i live on a dead end, but i park there cause we have 4 cars and a 3 and a half car driveway. neighbor on one side doenst have a diveway and they use the end of the street, cool, the one on the other side has a garage and a 1 car driveway. he parks his wannabe harley in there and his car in the street. Its f'n 30 out in the mornings i dont think hes going to be riding that to work when he could get in his Regal and ride in the heat so why must he park in the street? then the neibors across the street dont give me troble and they only park one car in the street on rare ocassions and i like them so i deal with that, the newer neibors that are down caddy corner from me have two cars and a two car drive way. the wife stays home! why does he need to park in the street if he knows that he is going to leave for work before she even thinks about going any where. i park across from the property line directly and if you are in my space i will put my primer bumber right on your ass, and i know when they leave cause my room is in the front of the house and i can hear them start their buicks up, and i watch to make sure they dont even tap my car. its war on my street and now that i have beats and a loud ass exaust i mess with them daily. it will only get worse for them. ive never like the one next to me since before i was driving. and i have senoirity over both of them. 17 year on this street ill park where ever i  well please.

sory but i had to get that out.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
As mentioned before, fight it. Also what type of house does the neighbor own?? Cuz if you your exhaust "shakes" the house he has more problems to worry about. Also if the kid ever leaves home (when bigger) how will he adjust to apartment living??? Call daddy??

Some people Sheesh...

Daniel
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #8
Eh, I didn't have anything else to do, so........

Council Bluffs, IA Munil Code
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/

Title 4 HEALTH AND SANITATION

Chapter 4.12 SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL*
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/_DATA/TITLE04/Chapter_4_12_SOLID_WASTE_COLLECTIO/index.html

Chapter 4.15 ABANDONED AND JUNK VEHICLES, MACHINERY, TRAILERS AND PARTS
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/_DATA/TITLE04/Chapter_4_15_ABANDONED_AND_JUNK_VE/index.html

4.15.020 Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter the following definitions
shall apply:

(e) "Junk vehicle" means any vehicle, machinery (blah-blah-blah),
...which has any one or more of the following characteristics:

(2) Has a broken or cracked windshield, window, headlight,
  taillight, or any other cracked or broken glass;

4.15.040 Junk vehicle deemed nuisance.
The keeping, maintaining or allowing a junk vehicle to be on
public or private property, except as provided by Section 4.15.030
above (copied below), shall constitute a nuisance.

4.15.030 Exemptions.
This chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) A vehicle or part thereof which is completely enclosed within
a garage, shed, barn, hangar, boathouse or other similar permanent
structure with walls and ceiling designed for the storage of
vehicles in a lawful manner, and where the vehicle is not visible
from the street or other public or private property;
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #9
You say the rear window is plastic right. So cut it out completely. Go to like Wal-mart or something and get that thick clear table covering stuff, cut it to size and tape it in. Shouldn't cost more than $10.

I'm having a hard time seeing how it goes in but if you replace the entire piece with a piece of plastic and the tape isn't visible from the outside, it'll look like it has a fine window/cover on it.

I hope I never live in a place with these kinds of codes and neighbors. I really like where I am now, everyone minds their own business and no laws apply to the vehicles you have in your possession.

Reply #10
Quote from: MasterBlaster;111659
Eh, I didn't have anything else to do, so........

Council Bluffs, IA Munil Code
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/

Title 4 HEALTH AND SANITATION

Chapter 4.12 SOLID WASTE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL*
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/_DATA/TITLE04/Chapter_4_12_SOLID_WASTE_COLLECTIO/index.html

Chapter 4.15 ABANDONED AND JUNK VEHICLES, MACHINERY, TRAILERS AND PARTS
http://munilcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes/councilbluffs/_DATA/TITLE04/Chapter_4_15_ABANDONED_AND_JUNK_VE/index.html

4.15.020 Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter the following definitions
shall apply:

(e) "Junk vehicle" means any vehicle, machinery (blah-blah-blah),
...which has any one or more of the following characteristics:

(2) Has a broken or cracked windshield, window, headlight,
  taillight, or any other cracked or broken glass;

4.15.040 Junk vehicle deemed nuisance.
The keeping, maintaining or allowing a junk vehicle to be on
public or private property, except as provided by Section 4.15.030
above (copied below), shall constitute a nuisance.

4.15.030 Exemptions.
This chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) A vehicle or part thereof which is completely enclosed within
a garage, shed, barn, hangar, boathouse or other similar permanent
structure with walls and ceiling designed for the storage of
vehicles in a lawful manner, and where the vehicle is not visible
from the street or other public or private property;

Well going by that, the streets are full of "junk" vehicles. I'm pretty sure the people that wrote that law never had to deal with such things because unfortunately life has it's priorities.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #11
How many vehicles do you have in your possesion that violate these laws? Just the bronco?

http://www.sheltersofamerica.com/products.php?id=1

Something like one of those would be awesome if you had the space. No permits needed, and you would love em in adverse weather.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #12
I'd just fix the window.

Then I'd shiznit in a bag, put it on their steps, light it on fire, ring the door  bell and run.

Reply #13
Muratic acid also makes cool brown yard designs that show up in the morning after being painted at night.
Matt :tg:

Reply #14
for a less damaging but annoying alternative you could fork the lawn too!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane