Skip to main content
Topic: Serpentine belt (Read 1231 times) previous topic - next topic

Serpentine belt

For the AC delete...along with smog

How long of a belt do I need, anybody have a Napa or Autozone part number?

i know sombody out there knows it.

just wanna run the essentials.

Thanks, Clayton

Serpentine belt

Reply #1
I don't have the number,but I have the same set up with the FRPP A/C eliminator,and my belt is 73.5 inches long.I'm also using a Mustang GT power steering bracket.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Serpentine belt

Reply #2
thanks man... but im not running an eliminator kit... i just want the short ass belt :D

Serpentine belt

Reply #3
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;111697
thanks man... but im not running an eliminator kit... i just want the short ass belt :D

So you using non-AC accessory brackets??? If not the belt draggs on it'self where it passes over the water pump...

There are so many variables, easiest way is to have some one hold the tentioner at mid point and wrap a string around the pulleys. Mark the point where it meets with a Sharpie and then measure the string between the marks...

Serpentine belt

Reply #4
I know it wouldnt work for me no matter how short of a belt i got the tensioner would make it hit itself on the water pump

Serpentine belt

Reply #5
Get the Mustang bracket for the steering pump,and the eliminator kit.There are some on E-bay.It'll clean up the engine compartment,and,it'll be "right".
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Serpentine belt

Reply #6
Not sure where I got this, and it doesn't specify a length...
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!