Skip to main content
Topic: heater selection (Read 1938 times) previous topic - next topic

heater selection

alrighty guys, its getting colder out now... and thats fine and dandy.. i have heat.. but its not getting directed through anywhere except the the defrost vents thats it.. no floor heat no mix no vent no max/norm ac... (i dont have ac but still lmao)

anybody else have this problem?  help would be much appreciated :D

heater selection

Reply #1
default on the selector(no vacspooge) is defrost. check your vacspooge supply to the selector. probly got a leak someplace either behind the panel or near the acspoogeulator bulb
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

heater selection

Reply #2
why thank ya sir.. that was greatly appreciated... i completely forgot it was a vacspoogee ran system... and i remember capping a vac. line off  when i rebuilt my motor..

problem solved

i feel dumb now.

heater selection

Reply #3
wow... it seems like it's happening to alot of people lately.  Mine just happened to stop working this week also.  I don't really understand where to look for this missing vacspooge but i'm sure it'll turn up sometime.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

heater selection

Reply #4
check your connections behind the glovebox.. and if you changed a heater core lately... you might have pinched the vacspoogee feed from the motor..  or in my case... just left it disconnected...

heater selection

Reply #5
i'm thinking it has something to do with ramping... maybe.  I'll check though.  Thanks.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:

Project Thread with pics

heater selection

Reply #6
I had a broken line on the firewall near the AC evaporator core. They tend to get brittle with age.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heater selection

Reply #7
You have a vacuum line running from the tree to a funky looking tee on the passenger side of the engine compartment.  That tee is a check valve as well.  It has three hoses off of it.  One from the tree, one to the heater box and one to the inner fender where the vacuum ball is located.  Check those connections.
One 88

heater selection

Reply #8
lmao, i allready got mine fixed :D

heater selection

Reply #9
well shiznit.  Anyone ever hear any "sounds" comming from the heater?  Kinda like a gurgle?  Anyway, i'm running late for work and it's dark out.  So it's still going to have to wait.  I don't ever remember seeing a heater control valve on my t-bird.  I thought it was all thermostat operated.

Project Thread with pics

heater selection

Reply #10
Update:  There is a vacspooge t on my firewall.  And i have a broken line.  So I plan on fixing it today.  Thanks claude for the info.  But also i don't know what that gurgle sound is.  Maybe someone else has heard it.  I'll try to get a video of it making that sound.

Project Thread with pics

heater selection

Reply #11
Does it sound like it's coming from behind the dashboard?
I hope your core isn't going south...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heater selection

Reply #12
But also i don't know what that gurgle sound is.
Mine used to gurgle... it was letting me know that half the coolant had escaped through the leaking water pump, and had been replaced by air.  Bubble-bubble-gurgle-gurgle...
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

heater selection

Reply #13
sounds too mechanical to be coolant.  And it is from behind the dashboard.  How long did you hear a noise before it went out?  I've heard this noise off and on for atleast a year.

Project Thread with pics

heater selection

Reply #14
Alright I got a question along the same line I just replaced the heater core and in the engine compartment below the core tubes is a small hose coming thru the fire wall thats leaking antifreeze, not fast just a drip every once in a while, what is it and is it just getting rid of excess antifreeze from where the core leaked down in the box, or what (cause i got no leaks anywhere.