Skip to main content
Topic: The Official Strange/Exotic T-Birds & Cougars thread (Read 4939 times) previous topic - next topic

The Official Strange/Exotic T-Birds & Cougars thread

Reply #15
I know you hate it eric but i love that cougar pickup. 

I know this is weird but i've always wanted to take an 83-88 cougar and turn it into a nomad inspired wagon.  Sick and Wrong I know but i think it would be cool

tc
1986 Mercury Cougar -- Midnight Wine and Taupe  ($1700) in 1999 w/ 103,000 miles.  Now with a motor from an 87 with 54K on it.
1988 Mercury Cougar -- Light Sandlewood Metalic  ($40)  in 2003 with 111,000 miles.  Needs a fender, some welding and a good tune up.  Possibly my next daily if i ever get it to the shop.
1991 GMC Sonoma, My $50 daily driver.

Reply #16
Agreed. Sick but I would like to see one done. Almost just to say that someone did it and made a cougar look good as something it's not. just my .02

Reply #17
I know you hate it eric but i love that cougar pickup.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I think these cars would make for a great pickup.

Just not that one.

Reply #18
The only one I'm NOT crazy about is the Truck, or it may just need ma better picture angle, but I think it's mostly the paint job I don't like. Guess that's why we have more than 1 auto maker, that makes more than 1 type of vehicle every year.:D

Reply #19
Quote from: EricCoolCats;103839

Just not that one.
:iagree:

tcanthonyii: I had the same fantasy back in high school. Below are the results of my perverted idea. This was done many years ago, before I knew much about these cars, so the tail lights are different than what I'd do if I actually built one (I was going for the Mercury look, but actually prefer the 87-88 T-Bird look). My "Concept" would have had a fiberglass removable roof that opened all the way to the tailgate, for a convertible with door frames, quarter windows and c-pillars.

If you think this looks bad, you should see my idea for the interior. Picture a complete home stereo with dual cassette decks in the center stack. Remember, this was done in the early 90's, when CD players weren't popular. If I were to do it over I'd do it with a mini-PC with touch screen, like Baxo's (except I wouldn't use a Fisher Price (Mac) computer :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
Ahh yes, the  offspring of a T-bird and a Pulsar. :p

I SO wanted a Pulsar back when I was a teen. Removable roof for teh win.

Reply #21
Quote from: EricCoolCats;103839

Just not that one.

I bet you knew this was coming ;)

Reply #22
Baxo: That is bad ass.  I love it. 

Carm:  I see the potential in that.  That's almost exactly what i was thinking.  I like the removable roof idea too.
1986 Mercury Cougar -- Midnight Wine and Taupe  ($1700) in 1999 w/ 103,000 miles.  Now with a motor from an 87 with 54K on it.
1988 Mercury Cougar -- Light Sandlewood Metalic  ($40)  in 2003 with 111,000 miles.  Needs a fender, some welding and a good tune up.  Possibly my next daily if i ever get it to the shop.
1991 GMC Sonoma, My $50 daily driver.

Reply #23
thought i'd add my Night Cat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

Reply #24
If you think that's bad, I had an'88 Pulsar in high school. Did I really admit that. That was in 1990 what did I know

Reply #25

I'll throw the Fila in too

Reply #26
Hers some concept drawings for the 80 thunderbird, dunno if they count.

1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #27
Wow.. somebody must have loved the Delorean!

Reply #28
Now that you mention it, I can see the resemblence

Reply #29
That fourth one down definitely influenced the '83...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣