Skip to main content
Topic: The Official Strange/Exotic T-Birds & Cougars thread (Read 4941 times) previous topic - next topic

The Official Strange/Exotic T-Birds & Cougars thread

Reply #30
anybody else see a resemblance between the 89-90 birds/cats and the second and fourth pictures down?(or at least the front anyway) if they wouldve went that way, they wouldve been about 10 years ahead of thier time. idk thats just my :2c:
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #31
Quote from: baXo;104202
Wow.. somebody must have loved the Delorean!

Looking at the pics, but before I saw your post, I was thinkin the same thing, only with a Fiero :grinno:

I can see a lot of resemblance in later 'Birds from the fourth, and that grille/header on the second one looks like it may have influenced the TC's and 89+ Tbirds....
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #32
I think the 2nd and 4th ones down resemble mn12 birds more so than foxes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #33
Quote from: grutinator;104214
anybody else see a resemblance between the 89-90 birds/cats and the second and fourth pictures down?(or at least the front anyway) if they wouldve went that way, they wouldve been about 10 years ahead of thier time. idk thats just my :2c:

Actually the 4th and 6th remind me of the mid 80s Camaros. And as far as 10 yrs ahead of their time? Glad they didn't. The flattened out, squared off Cougars of 89 & up really turned me off. Then that ricer POS killed the Cougar for me.

Reply #34
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;104365
Then that ricer POS killed the Cougar for me.

Don't feel too bad. It killed the Cougar for Mercury as well :pbb:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #35
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;104368
Don't feel too bad. It killed the Cougar for Mercury as well :pbb:
No doubt. It went against all that the Cougar stood for. Mercury's biggest mistake.

They did, in part, make up for it with the Marauder, though.

Reply #36
Quote from: tbirdscott;104198
Hers some concept drawings for the 80 thunderbird, dunno if they count.

I kinda like this one.

Folks would have pooped themselves in '80 had they come out looking like this.  Would have been a much better compliment to the marque.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon