Skip to main content
Topic: oo man, need help quick (Read 814 times) previous topic - next topic

oo man, need help quick

well, i have to decide with acouple minutes if i want these heads 120024297054, or should i just go with GT-40 heads off a explorer?
oo its on ebay.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

oo man, need help quick

Reply #1
I would still grab a set of gt40s off a exploder..you can only do so much with a e7 head...granted the gt40s are the best head out there but they get the job done alot better then the e7's.

basically, look at them both in stock form..you would pick the gt40's correct? so look at them both ported,etc...still pick the gt40s right? the gt40s just have a better base to work off of. and they have slightly larger valves, ebay auction says nothing about installing larger valves or nothing, just a set of e7s with new springs,roller rockers.

the milling doesnt mean they can take a big cam, cam could still hit the valves or springs still might not work with it,etc. the gt40 springs can handle up to .550 lift in stock form.

oo man, need help quick

Reply #2
so i should just go with the gt 40's then?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

oo man, need help quick

Reply #3
will these work?180021853999

oo man, need help quick

Reply #4
so will these rockers work with those heads? 180021853999
oo all these numbers are from ebay.

oo man, need help quick

Reply #5
Quote from: quicksilver
will these work?180021853999

FYI thats only one head
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

oo man, need help quick

Reply #6
oo wow, im happy you caught that! i would have been one happy man..