Skip to main content
Topic: head help! (Read 1068 times) previous topic - next topic

head help!

i didnt find a form talking about how big of valves i can have, so i was just wondering how big of valves i can have with 1.6 roller rockers?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

head help!

Reply #1
Well since the 1.6 rockers are the same ratio as your stock ones, the stock E7 valves won't have a problem.  Were the valves enlarged when the heads were ported?
1983 Thunderbird-302 HO, Holley 650 CFM 4150 DP, Weiand Stealth Intake, Dual-Snorkel Air Cleaner,  Holley Fuel Pump, Procomp HEI Distributor, B&M Holeshot 2400 Converter, Custom 2 1/4 duals with no cats and BBK shorties, Taurus Fan Conversion, FMS Grill, much more to come....

"In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make" - Paris Hilton

head help!

Reply #2
i dont think so.
but i want to get them enlarged, but i need to know how big i can get them.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

head help!

Reply #3
Do you understand what youre asking?

Rocker arms have NOTHING to do when dictating valve size.

Do you mean to ask about the cam?
It's Gumby's fault.

head help!

Reply #4
no, im asking how big of valve i can get before they hit the pistons.

head help!

Reply #5
You're talking about piston-to-valve clerance, then.  The cam profile affects this more than the size of the valves do.

head help!

Reply #6
so, i can have 2.02,1.60 valves with a HO cam. i dont have the money to experiment with these kinds of things. so i was just wondering if someone knows.

head help!

Reply #7
you have to flycut your pistons for 2.02 valves unless your running the twisted wedge heads. 1.6 sounds fine (not quite sure) but you will have to cut your pistons with the 2.02's.

head help!

Reply #8
why is twisted wedge heads different with 2.02 then other 2.02 valve heads?

head help!

Reply #9
Tw heads have different angle,don't go as deep.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

head help!

Reply #10
E7's can be made to work,With I think your sayin.202
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

head help!

Reply #11
ooo ok. thank you,
but does anybody know how big have valves i can get with a HO cam?

head help!

Reply #12
oo haha, sorry about that ,ast message, i didnt see yours kitzdnm

head help!

Reply #13
oo haha, sorry about that ,ast message, i didnt see yours kitzdnm

head help!

Reply #14
well, thank you kitzdmn for your help. and thanks to all the people who helped me out with this thread.