Skip to main content
Topic: Keyless entry (Read 2340 times) previous topic - next topic

Keyless entry

Does anyone know if there is a procedure to reset the keyless entry???(change the code)??

Thanks

Re: Keyless entry

Reply #1
This is from the Owner's Manual for a 1987 Cougar:

In addition to unlocking by using the code appearing on your owner's code card, you may also program in a second code of your choice.  To program this second code, you first have to enter the code from your code card.  then, within five seconds, depress the 1/2 button.  Then, within five seconds of each other,  depress five buttons in any sequence you desire.  This button sequence will be retained by the system as the second code.  To erase this code, simply enter the original code, depress buton 1/2, and wait six seconds.

I guess that you would need the original code than.  It should be on the card mentioned, in the door jamb, and on the inside of the trunk.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
Quote from: 88KSXR7
Does anyone know if there is a procedure to reset the keyless entry???(change the code)??

Thanks

What Paul said, but no you cannot change the original code unless the module is dissambled and some jumper wires are changed(they are soldered in place).

Reply #3
Well I cant find the original code on the door or in the trunk unless they are hidden, does anyone know where they are???

Thanks

Reply #4
new question?

Reply #5
It's generally on the passenger side trunk hinge. If not there drop the panel down that is behind the back seat(one screw), there will be a black module that operates the keyless system. It will have the 5 digit code number on it(if the sticker hasn't fallen off).

Reply #6
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
It's generally on the passenger side trunk hinge. If not there drop the panel down that is behind the back seat(one screw), there will be a black module that operates the keyless system. It will have the 5 digit code number on it(if the sticker hasn't fallen off).

I will look thanks

Reply #7
yeah mine I found on the hinge of the trunk lid, I was so happy cuz up til then I couldn't lock my doors (previous owner lost the keys and was starting the car with a screwdriver, I got a new ign. cylinder but never got the doors rekeyed)

Reply #8
Quote from: zpyro
yeah mine I found on the hinge of the trunk lid, I was so happy cuz up til then I couldn't lock my doors (previous owner lost the keys and was starting the car with a screwdriver, I got a new ign. cylinder but never got the doors rekeyed)

yep found it and they work pefectly!!

Thanks Everyone!!