Skip to main content
Topic: my 86 night cat (Read 1205 times) previous topic - next topic

my 86 night cat

how do you post pictures? i am new to posting and don't know how. please help!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

my 86 night cat

Reply #2
If you're trying to upload them to this site using the "Quick Reply" message window, click the "Go Advanced" button for a lot more options. Once the new window appears, part way down will be an attachments section. (If you're using "New Thread", that section should already be there).

Click the "Manage Attachments" button to get the upload window, make sure your pics aren't bigger than the limits stated for each type of picture file, use the "Browse" buttons to find your pics on your computer (up to 3 at a time) and then hit the "Upload" button to send them here.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

my 86 night cat

Reply #3
ok, here is a couple of pisc of my 86. i am trying to decide what the best mods would be. i am thinking of a body kit and a 1 1/2 inch cowl hood. what kind of wheels would look best on it? i don't care much for the wire spoke hubcaps that came with it. the second pic should show where the emblems were and give an idea of how they looked. any ideas on how to replace them or have new ones made?

my 86 night cat

Reply #4
Hey nice cat. If I were you, I would keep that car at least mostly stock. It seems to have pretty nice paint if its stock. Under the hood though, which engine is it? If its an 86 5.0, engine would be a good place to start, maybe suspension. Ditch the rims though, just about any other stock rim would be better.

Check out http://www.coolcats.net , then hit us up with any questions.

I have never seen a night cat before. That is pretty cool. Is that vynil roof thingy stock?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

my 86 night cat

Reply #5
I believe the roof is stock. It does have a 5.0 in it, although while it seems i have enough power, it's not very agile. any ideas ? i think i know which wheels i want, but i'm not sure what they are called. they are gold on the iside and chrome around the outside. the gold part reminds me of a honeycomb, sort of. I hav seen them on some pontiacs and a jeep yesterday. i am looking to see if they are made in a 4 lug style. if not, i may have to do a conversion. i am looking for ideas on how to make it look better, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

my 86 night cat

Reply #6
I think you're referring to the BBS style wheel. You can get 'em in four lug but they're fairly rare, especially in anything bigger than 14".
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

my 86 night cat

Reply #7
Myself, I tend to agree with Haystack, you've got a nice, and I believe fairly uncommon Cougar
I'd do up some Turbine wheels for it, maybe, or Ten holes, replace the emblems, window tint, and maybe some exhaust and suspension upgrades, and the requisite HO conversion, but not much more.
I'd keep that one fairly mild, and if your finances allow, find another Cougar (or Tbird ;) ) to hot rod up more. Just my .02 cents though..

That's a nice car, wish i had a Cougar like that.:D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

my 86 night cat

Reply #8
i saw a cat like that at the junkyard last week. it had "roadster" emblems on the fenders.

dont think it was a night cat but looked alot lke it
1986 Cougar LS

my 86 night cat

Reply #9
Turbines would look good.You can getim cheap,clean and paint them anyway you want.Good lookin cat,different.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

my 86 night cat

Reply #10
i agree, i don't want to do too much to the body. how much do a set of turbines usually run? also, does anyone have a line on how to get the missing emblems reproduced?