Skip to main content
Topic: I cant sleep i am going crazy (Read 994 times) previous topic - next topic

I cant sleep i am going crazy

well it is 5:34 in the morning and i cant sleep at all i have had this problem for a awhile already and it is drivng me crazy i dont know what to do i have taken sleeping pills with no success and i dont wanna keep taking them cause most of them are narcatic so i am here just trying to vent the fustration of not being ablt to sleep any one else have trouble sleeping any one got any suggestions i am willing to try any thing
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #1
Hadnt slept decent for the last 3-4 nights, got home from work around 5:30, few shots of vodka chased with some pen 15e, slept till almost 1am, now i'm gonna get a couple more hours before I gotta get up for work.

Thats what has always worked for me, just dont make a habit of coming home and drinking :p
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #2
I'm going through the same thing, but that might be the two jobs keeping me up lol.  I work overnight at one and the other bounces around a lot so a schedule is hard to establish.  I'm not sure what your cirspoogestances are, but I found the best way to catch up on sleep is to deprive myself until the weekend, then crash for 14 hours or so.  It's pretty brutal until you get used to it, but it works for me.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #3
I'm going through the same thing! I haven't had a decent sleep since cat jam. I started taking benadryl everynight for about a week and then my body got used to it and it stopped working. So I figured well I'll just up the dose. Never EVER do that. I felt liek I was so drunk. So then I just would force my self to calm down and think about peaceful things. I'm going to try doing yoga soon. It might just be stress or is something else going on in your life? Just try calming yourself down.

Reply #4
One excersize to try when you can't get to sleep is to lie down in bed with the lights off and then, starting with your toes and moving up, imagine every part of your body getting heavier.  Think about it until it actually feels heavier.  If you really concentrate on that, then by the time you get to your head you will feel more relaxed and fall asleep. 

Either that, or watch C-Span until you can't hold your eyes open anymore.  Should be about five minutes.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #5
A couple hours of shag usually will do it for me.....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #6
intersting suggestion the vodaka thing well i am 18 so i might bot be able to try that;)  and i do feel stressed out i feel real tense even when i am lying down i feel my upper body real stiff it just wont relax i am going to try thw no sleep thing i didnt sleep at all last night i am still up and i am going to work today and try and get good and tired and hope to fall asleep thanks every one
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #7
Don't watch tv. get a good history book and read it through till your done with it. That way you are learning, reading, and getting really tired, really fast. That is what I do anyways. I still find it hard to sleep sometimes, ever since my graveyard shift. Stay up till about 4 hours before work, or maybe school, you'll tank out about mid-day. Then try to stay up until 8:30-9ish and you will fall asleep pretty fast. If it dosent work the first time, try going to 2 hours of sleep and doing the same. If that dosent work, do it for a week straight.

You'll find yourself to bed around 10, and getting up around 6 after you get used to it. This dosent seem to work for me anymore, but it will get you through the week then you can crash all weekend. The only thing that really gets me to sleep is to think of what I would do to my car if I had $10 grand and just go from there.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com