Skip to main content
Topic: Wow what a night!! (Read 598 times) previous topic - next topic

Wow what a night!!

Well, my truck is dead! I don't know what happened and don't really wanna find out either, I am tired of throwing money at it.

Well here is what happened. I was drivin to one of my deliveries and pop the truck dies! First I think it is my fuel pump, (Been having problems), but I check the FP Relay (blown before) no clicky, so I have my roommate bring me my spare, still no clicky. So I call my dad and end up towing it home (rents) and park it next to my cougar, They looked so cute together! So now I am driving my roommates girlfriends spare Aspire (at least I will get good gas mileage, was getting 18 with the truck).
So later today I am going to get a qoute on fixing my tranny and the few other things wrong with my cat and drive that! (Who said something about your car forcing your hand!?):mad:

Anyone want parts for a first gen ranger! lol

Oh did I mention I had to leave work for about 3 hours and missed out on a bout 75 dollars worth of tips! oh well, still got 60.

Daniel
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Wow what a night!!

Reply #1
 that sucks but i'm not sure whats worse, your truck breaking down or being left driving an asspirate :giggle:
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Wow what a night!!

Reply #2
Well the cougar is in the shop, getting a new rebuilt tranny, and then it will get true dual exhaust. God I love credit cards!! lol

And the Asspirate is registered under my name and I am currently driving it. I am so embaressed.

Any who I am in a better mood today than last night.

Daniel
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Wow what a night!!

Reply #3
good luck, and dont give up. Sometimes you just gotta tug through to the next day. At least you can drive the cougar.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Wow what a night!!

Reply #4
Sucks to here about that. I would hate to be driving around in a ASSFIRE. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird