Skip to main content
Topic: safe cleaning solution? (Read 775 times) previous topic - next topic

safe cleaning solution?

well, im buying a pair of E7 heads, but they are rusty and dirty, so i need to know what is the best cleaning solution i can use.
thank you
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #1
if the surface facing the pistons is rusted realy bad, it could be pitted and need to be machined. the valves could also be all coroded up. best bet would be take it somewhere and they can clean it up and machine it for you.

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #2
well, how much would that cost?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #3
well when i take my stuff to the machine shop they hot tanked my block for 20 bucks i am sure heads shouldnt cost more but the machine shop could clean them up for you
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #4
ok, thank you.
one more thing. did they make E7 in 86?

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #5
They cleaned my ported heades and installed a new valve,and gently milled them for $40.00.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #6
Quote from: quicksilver
safe cleaning solution?
molasses
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #7
Quote from: quicksilver
ok, thank you.
one more thing. did they make E7 in 86?

The E7 actually stands for 87......  and E6 heads generally have a bad rap.
One 88

safe cleaning solution?

Reply #8
The E7 actually stands for 87...... and E6 heads generally have a bad rap.

The E6 heads are rather restrictive in cases where you want to make a lot of power.  They do, however have an enormously broad torque range.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!