Skip to main content
Topic: question on maf meter and sensor (Read 1489 times) previous topic - next topic

question on maf meter and sensor

hey i just purchased a 70 mm mas air meter and sensor but it is calaborated for 19 pounds of fuel.. is it possible to get it calaborated for 24 pounds?? what will i have to change . and were can i have it done . is it worth calboated to 24 or just buy one already doen for 24's .. let me know thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]5.0 Standard
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
Magnaflow mustang exhaust
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #1
I was told only to use Pro-M mass air meters so thats what I've always bought and never had a problem with any of them. I wouldn't run that meter even if someone said they cal'd it. Your talking about going to 24#ers so your looking to make some power than you will want a 75mm or 77mm meter anyway.. I'd say the 70mm will be too small.

So just get a pro-m for 24# is what I would do
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
were can i get one and how much is it
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #4
A big ol' MAF meter and 24lb injectors will do absolutely nothing for you with HO heads and cam...way too much fuel flow.  Aftermarket heads, big cam and a good flowing intake will be able to make good use of a big MAF and 24lb/hr injectors.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #5
Oh your going to do HO swap, like sick88tbird says you only need 19# injecters and stock mass air meter will be fine. Also you can say screw the mass air and just run a HO speed density computer, some people say it will run stronger than stock HO w/ mass air..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
noononon  no more ho swap i gotta take that out my sig im gonna rebuild my engine with a trick flow wedge heads kit that includes a cam intake and such and get some new pistons as well as boreing out teh block. so  is that maf meter and sensor i showed u good for the project??
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #7
Yeah get the pro-m 75 and 24 #ers than. I bought mine on ebay... Injectors and meter for $200.. Try the corral.net classifieds too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
fuel injectors and the meter/sensor for 200 u foudn for??
o0o0o0 man let me know were
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #10
o00oo0 shiznitT  thanks so much bro for lookin that up for me.. i really appreciate it
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs

Reply #11
Hey what short block you using for the trick flow kit? you building up a short block too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
the block from the 5.0 standard that i have right now
REBUILT MUSTANG AOD
BBK shorties
mark vii h pipe
BBK intake
KYB shocks , struts
moog springs