Notice anything different?

Reply #2
nice exhaust tips :D

oh yeah and what the thread is about ;) .... good job on the bumper Paul

Reply #3
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
nice exhaust tips :D

:giggle: I didn't think anyone would notice that :)

Reply #4
Wow, that makes a world of difference. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #5
Quote from: thundergrowl
:giggle: I didn't think anyone would notice that :)

;)

Reply #6
looks good man!!

How'd that Taurus cupholder/cointray come out...or have ya messed with it?
(i hope ya got the thing..)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
:dunno: The house in the back ground changed?

I've wanted to do that but I don't have the patience to paint the bumper.

Reply #9
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek
looks good man!!

How'd that Taurus cupholder/cointray come out...or have ya messed with it?
(i hope ya got the thing..)
Thanks man!

I did get the cupholder but I haven't messed with it yet since I found out that it's too deep for the space where I was going to put it. Maybe one of these years I'll mess with it.

Quote from: slamedcat
The house in the back ground changed?

I've wanted to do that but I don't have the patience to paint the bumper.

Yes the house has changed. I had the siding painted - Chestnut brown. All that's left to do on the outside is pave the driveway.

Painting the trim wasn't a bad job; a little sanding, tape it up and a rattle can of satin black bumper paint. The job was completed in an afternoon. I should have used some filler to fill the little nooks that are in the bumper. Doesn't look too bad from 10'.

Reply #10
That looks great!
Looks like you might need to re-paint the red strip on the left rear quarter molding next. It appears a wee bit faded unless it's the angle of the picture.

Reply #11
Paul, I have that trim piece if you need it. I also have some of those "Turbo Coupe" door emblems I notice are missing from your car. I was gonna put the TC trim on my car, but decided it ain't worth the work - painting the stripe would be easier. I'm thinking I may even do it in blue, since I'm swapping the blue interior in. I may even use some leftover RCMP decals I have and make it reflective blue...

About that painted siding - I didn't think you could paint vinyl siding? How did you do it? I'd love to paint this house...

...But enough derailing. Bumper looks great! I like those tailpipes too...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #12
Thanks Thunder Chicken.

I'll have a closer look at the trim but I think it's just a build up of wax. I think it should clean up fine with a couple applications of Armor All.

I have the Turbo Coupe emblems in the glove box. I just haven't put them on yet.

I think the blue strip would look good on your car but please don't use reflective tape. :hick:

As for painting the vinyl siding, all you have to know is you have to use 100% acrylic latex paint. A lot of people around here are painting their siding. Some are using gloss paint but I would suggest flat. The flat finish looks better IMO.