Skip to main content
Topic: tapped or roller? (Read 1849 times) previous topic - next topic

tapped or roller?

what kind of engine does a 88tbird LX 5.0 have?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

tapped or roller?

Reply #1
standard output 5.0 roller v8.  its a different firing order than the mustang high output 5.0, and has flat top pistons, a smaller intake, and different heads.

tapped or roller?

Reply #2
dont 5.0 have 200hp for tbirds?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

tapped or roller?

Reply #3
Quote from: quicksilver
dont 5.0 have 200hp for tbirds?

No.  150.

tapped or roller?

Reply #4
150 at the engine for a 88 5.0 tbird?

tapped or roller?

Reply #5
Yes.

tapped or roller?

Reply #6
well, doesnt doesnt make any sence because i beat my friends 98 grand am gt the has 200hp, and i have beaten a acura GS-R from a roll, i have beaten civics with a few bolt-ons. i couldnt do any of that with 150hp.

tapped or roller?

Reply #7
well, doesnt doesnt make any sence because i beat my friends 98 grand am gt the has 200hp, and i have beaten a acura GS-R from a roll, i have beaten civics with a few bolt-ons. i couldnt do any of that with 150hp.

No?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

tapped or roller?

Reply #8
haha no what?

tapped or roller?

Reply #9
The car has 150 horsepower.

tapped or roller?

Reply #10
that makes me very sad. how much would i gain if i have a fully ported stock mustang intake manifold, a comp. polymers upper intake, a 75mm tb, and short headers with true dual exhaust?

tapped or roller?

Reply #11
Supposedly 155 for an '88 5.0 SO, because of the fake duals. Not like that extra 5 horsepower means anything.

Quicksilver, I can see you're already getting off to a bad start here, because you're triggering the "look, it's a n00b" response from some of the regulars. My advice to you is to take your time and not post so many new threads the moment you show up, no matter how enthusiastic you might be about your T-bird. Go to http://www.coolcats.net and read up on a lot of the info there.. most of it (all the important stuff, anyway) carries over between Cougars and T-birds, and is a good start for many of your questions. For the rest, do some lurking here and read subjects already posted on the things you're interested in.

The more you push here, the worse the responses are going to get from the people here who are getting tired of the excited-young-newbie routine. It's not entirely their fault, and it's not entirely your fault that others have shown up and wore our patience thin.. (do a search for the user named "i'm gay as hell" for a reference.. although I think that was someone's joke account) but you'll get a lot further here if you cool down a bit and do some reading before continuing. Just some friendly advice, not trying to pick on ya or anything. Not yet, anyway. :p

tapped or roller?

Reply #12
that makes me very sad. how much would i gain if i have a fully ported stock mustang intake manifold, a comp. polymers upper intake, a 75mm tb, and short headers with true dual exhaust?

Meh, maybe 30.

tapped or roller?

Reply #13
that makes me sad.. well, i have these mods, (just got them) fully ported stock lower intake manifold, comp polymers upper intake, 75mm throttle body, shorty headers with true dual exhaust.

tapped or roller?

Reply #14
To get anymore serious power you'll probably want to change the heads & cam.  With that you'll probably be up to 5.0 HO spec, which is 225 horses.