Skip to main content
Topic: Latest find... (Read 2315 times) previous topic - next topic

Latest find...

Saw this car sitting for awhile...all it took was a knock on the door and my phone number! 

88TC, 5sp, 169,000miles, 2 owners, looks to be bone stock.
tbirdregistry.com

Latest find...

Reply #1
Looks nice. Got any plans for her?

Latest find...

Reply #2
Quote from: 84 Fila
Looks nice. Got any plans for her?

Probably clean up and sell....  :(  I have too many current projects but wanted to save this one from the elements and hackers.

Put a battery in and it fired right up..drives solid too. I'm a fan of the 83-86 TBirds but I see why people love the 87-88's!  They are sweet rides. I can't believe how solid they feel even with 150K+ miles!
tbirdregistry.com

Latest find...

Reply #3
Does the paint on the rest of it need waxed, or is hazed/oxidized?
It looks a little hazy compared to the front clip...
Nice looking otherwise...keep me in mind ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Latest find...

Reply #4
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek
Does the paint on the rest of it need waxed, or is hazed/oxidized?

Don't know exactly...gotta get it home and start checkin it out. The clearcoat is peeliing on the top and the DS rear quarter needs work so it's far from perfect but a good clean up should make it look much better.

The picture is just how I found it...
tbirdregistry.com

Latest find...

Reply #5
Some people have all the luck. :(

Blue TCs are teh awesome! :) Nice find.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Latest find...

Reply #6
OOooohhhhh, you're not far from me. Hmmm. I'd love to get a blue TC.
Figures, I have too many projects going as well. Plus I filled my driveway's parking capacity. :(

Latest find...

Reply #7
Quote from: Ether947
Some people have all the luck. :(

Blue TCs are teh awesome! :) Nice find.

Thanks....I found an 83TC in a barn last year this time..have my eye on an 84TC (Red/Grey two-tone paint, grey leather interior, sunroof, 60K+ miles but it's been sitting a -long- time and really needs TLC) and I just finished the deal on this one. Of course I'm still waiting for that real 'luck' where I fine the zero mile TC..or the Boss 302..or...or..or...:)

I agree, the Blue TCs are nice. Can't wait to get it cleaned up! Didn't realize how nice they are.
tbirdregistry.com

Latest find...

Reply #8
Quote from: 5.0willgo
OOooohhhhh, you're not far from me. Hmmm. I'd love to get a blue TC.
Figures, I have too many projects going as well. Plus I filled my driveway's parking capacity. :(

My problem too....it's not that I have too many cars...I just don't have enough space! I have access to some property in York PA (closer to you)...maybe it's time to put up a pole building for storage! ;)
tbirdregistry.com

Latest find...

Reply #9
Quote from: rodsterh
Of course I'm still waiting for that real 'luck' where I fine the zero mile TC..or the Boss 302..or...or..or...:)
I guess you missed this one then?  :D 88 TC - 3100 Miles
The future...

...because life is just too short to drive boring cars...

Latest find...

Reply #10
What is a "good" amount for these cars. Mine has 41,*** miles. Is that good?

Latest find...

Reply #11
Most people average about 10k miles a year, so if you figure that way a 20 year old car should have about 200k miles on it.  So 41k is really good for a 22 year old car, my 85 has about 112k on it.

Latest find...

Reply #12
Most people average about 10k miles a year, so if you figure that way a 20 year old car should have about 200k miles on it.  So 41k is really good for a 22 year old car, my 85 has about 112k on it.

Latest find...

Reply #13
Ok, thanks. Sorry to jack thread

Latest find...

Reply #14
Mileage doesn't mean everything.  I had an '84 Cougar that had 64k on it and it'd been neglected so badly.  I'm pretty sure that was the dirtiest engine I've ever seen.  Sludge on the rockers and all that.  It works both ways though.  I saw another '83 Cougar at CJ this year that was cleaner than a good portion of the cars there but it had over 200k miles.