Skip to main content
Topic: Got My Cat Painted! ! - 56k BEWARE - ! (Read 2295 times) previous topic - next topic

Got My Cat Painted! ! - 56k BEWARE - !

I just blacked out the grille myself. The bodywork was done by my stepdad and I. I also painted over the chrome on the bumper and the bumper black itself. Also, I did not like the side stripping stuff, so I pulled it off as you can see. I need to paint over some of the chome again, but it held well overall (was just from the tape). I will be adding the turbines I bought and some BF Goodrich Radial TAs next paycheck.

Well!

What does everyone think!

2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #1

2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #2
! That looks awesome!!!
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
Car looks great man, you know what you should think about doing? I think itll look really good with that painted grill. Take the headlight housing out, that plastic piece in front of the headlights and paint the silver/grey part black and leave the chrome strip that goes around the outside.

Reply #4
Thanks for the praise!!!

Yeah Snubz I was thinking about that, and it sounds like a good idea. I am also considering the BMW 3 Series headlight conversion.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #5
Paint the headlight buckets for sure... without a doubt, actually.
Looks fantastic, dude!
What kind of paint did you use? Are you going to wet-sand and buff it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Kick Ass! i love black on a car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Reply #7
nice job, im likeing that body style more and more and seeing them in as good of condition as that realy helps lol.

Reply #8
Bada$$ man. I agree on painting the headlight buckets.

Reply #9
Looks great!

Definitely wet sand it. I'm doing that very thing to my '86 right now and it is worth it.

Reply #10
:iagree: I like it. Paint the headlight buckets. Personally I would have left the outer rim of the grill chrome and painted the headlight buckets to go with a kinda theme. Lookos great though.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #12
I agree with the wet sanding/buffing.  It is time consuming but it will make your paint look three feet deep.

Nice car.  Can't wait to see it with the new wheels and tires.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #13
Oh yeah! Much better!

Oh yeah, thought I would get a close up on this! I did not want to go mainstream with a 5.0 emblem so I chose this.

The Maroon goes PERFECT with the black!

2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)

Reply #14
:idhitit:

now all ya gotta do is ditch the wheels for somthing that looks like it belongs with the car

berry nice indeed