Skip to main content
Topic: What you Would Have Had, What you Wanted or What you Missed Out On! (Read 1761 times) previous topic - next topic

What you Would Have Had, What you Wanted or What you Missed Out On!

what car did you want for your first car?

what car did you get?
and

what cars have you missed a wonderful deal on in the past?

i wanted a late 80's early 90's Camaro

i got my 86 CougarLS 5.0 and wanted to sell it for the first year i had it on and off.

i missed out on a 4 cylinder mustang for 100 bucks it didnt run but i would have swaped it and it rooled witha good body for 100,

i also missed out afew months ago on a 1970 dodge coronet HEMI for around 2500 yes i know i f'd up bad:flip: . it was missing a card that they said they had somewhere and it was not started for ten years the guy whos it was died and the wife was selling it. a little work and i would have a wonderful car. she said it was in great shape but i whated just a ittle too long:yuck:
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1
Well for my first car I wanted somthing fast and powerfull.

I got a 63 chevy pick-up. It had 250 I-6 but that was swaped for a 383 stroker.

I've missed out on a few. The best one was on my 84 turbo coupe my buddy bought it for $200 and it ran good. I  didn't do to bad he gave me the car 2yrs later for free!!.:rollin:  Also missed out on a 92 2.3 stang for $400.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
My first was a 1992 Chevy Lumina 3.4
I missed out on my moms old 99 Trans am
I'm already considering defeat on the Fila and thinking of seling. Probaly woun't but still thinking...

Reply #3
I wanted a 1971 Mustang Fastback for my first car, unfort. dad had to sell it for food and bills.

My first car was a 1986 Celebirty wagon.

Now I roll in a 87 Ranger 4x4

I will own a 71'!

And I haven't missed out on any good deals or cars i wanted!

Daniel
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #4
I Wanted a Cuda.. 'nuff said..

and the first real nice car i got, Was the thunderchicken

Reply #5
My first set of wheels was a 1973 Dodge charger SE with a 400 4bbl given to me by my old man.

First car i wanted as a kid and car missed out on as an adult combined...Missed out on an 83 mustang GT for $700 last spring, it was a relitively low mile car (80k) that was complete and all original but someone stole the 14.5 inch trx wheels a few years earlier and it was actually sitting on cinder blocks for about 3-4 years because the owner didn't care about it anymore...was quite a shame. missed it by moments...when i showed up to buy there was already someone getting it running for the first time in eons and throwing some yucky wheels on it to drive it home.s.

Reply #6
I wanted a 69 Mach 1 or GT. I got my Cougar, but I knew I would get that, I was destined to have it since I was three years old when my Uncle died.

I missed out on a 69 Mustang(Gt I think) for $500 only needed paint. I missed out on the Stang like 4mykid, I was walking to the door as they were loading the trailer. Also missed out on an 83 Tbird Elan, and an 87 Chevy Sprint.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #7
First car was an 81 Chevy Malibu 3.3L then a semi-truck ran over it!!
Missed out on a 69 Mustang as well, the motor went out when I was 12, so it is now in my dad's yard collecting rust. so sad...

Reply #8
First car: 1987 Hyundai Stellar

Car I wanted: 1980 thunderbird (Couldnt affor what the guy was asking so I got the hyundai, guy changed his mind 3 months later and I got it for $100)

Missed out on: 1983 stang this summer, great body, decent interior, 4 or 6cyl. Guy wanted $200 for it, Got pulled over on the way to my house, no licence, no insurance, impound fees added up to around $300 so it ended up going to auction.

Also missed out on a 70's amc amx, original owner, blown engine, parked since mid 80's, sitting 2 houses down from me in a garage right beside the road, I had been living there for 10 years and never knew about this car till the day it was towed out. Went for $500 to a guy that had been bugging him since he blew the engine in the 80's, I guess he came by every spring to ask about it, suppose he earned it.

Best deal: 1988 chev 2500 (silverado I think) extended cab, 350/auto 4X4 lifted 35's $300, guy was moving and needed it gone, had a blown head gasket, didnt even go look at it, told the guy I wanted it and gave him cash, phoned a friend who gave me $1200 then went and picked it up, easiest money evar!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #9
First Car: 1989 Chrysler LeBaron. The only power option it had was power locks, and mirrors.

What I wanted: 1977 Mustang II with a 302 and a 4 speed.
  Reason 1: I couldn't find a car without large amounts of body rott
  Reason 2: My dad had one and said it was nose heavy and 
                too much power for a first car.

And I'm still waiting on that Mustang II to show up still.

Reply #10
What did I want: Yes, this is still fresh in my mind. First and foremost I wanted a truck. Dad said no, bad gas mileage. So then I was looking at Turbo Coupes and GM G-bodies, and again dad said no.

What I got: For a couple months I drove my dad's turd-brown '88 Plymouth Reliant, the slowest vehicle known to man...Then I was allowed to buy a 1990 Mustang 2.3L, and it wasn't even nice as it had been wrecked and had shoddy body work...and it was also slow. I was very disappointed to say the least.

What have I missed a deal on...can't say there was too much, I did miss out on a Merkur XR4Ti for $250 a couple years ago. Really just wanted it for the engine, then found a rough '84 TC for $150 so I bought it instead, and never got ahold of the people with the merkur. I haven't really looked at many cars in the last few years because I haven't had any money.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #11
My first car was an '86 Cougar GS with the 3.8. I've owned nothing but Cougars.
At that time my dream car was a 5-speed '85 or '86 XR-7. After nearly eight years I finally have one, thanks to Karl and Andrew.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
First one I wanted was a mid to late seventies 280z. What I got was a baby blue 74 pinto wagon, lol.
The one that got away was a late 60's early seventies (squarish body) torino with the 427 for 300 bucks. I was young, stupid and thought the car was too big! Haha, I was an idiot. It ran great, too!
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

Reply #13
First one I owned was a 1980 Chevy Malibu Classic...man, I had fun in that car!!!

I didn't really care what I got for a first car, I just wanted one that ran. LOL

I've missed out on a couple deals, due to lack of funds......but one of these days, I'll get what I want again....
Another Cougar!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #14
First car: 1987 Plymouth Voyager SE with a 2.6L Mitsubishi I4. So no  Red_LX you didn't have the slowest car know to man, I did:tg: :giggle: .

What I wanted: A 1970 Torino Cobra fast back with a 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air. Yeah that wasn't going to happen.

What I missed out on: I passed on a 1988 Thunderbird with a 3.8 V6. It had 39,000 on it with a MINT body. The guy wanted $900 for it :bricks1: . I figured that I had my 5.0 Bird which is is almost as nice so I didn't need it. I wish I bought the  thing now :dunce: .
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.