Skip to main content
Topic: Who doesn't like a burnout pic? (Read 1921 times) previous topic - next topic

Who doesn't like a burnout pic?

Went to the track finally, very dissappointed, although is was mid 90s and very humid. I wont mention what I ran but did have alot of fun though.

Saw a nice LSC btw...

1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #1
Sweet:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
sweet.....

so what was it...14s....?:yuck:
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #3
Quote from: shame302
sweet.....

so what was it...14s....?:yuck:

Close enough, 13.9s and 14.0s @ 100 mph...very sad despite the weather.

The car isnt pulling like it should, I need to get a wideband on it to see whats going on. But it is very streetable, so I will leave it like it is for now while my dad drives it.

It has gone 13.5s before and I cannot remember the mph, I need to dig up the slip. I changed the plugs before I went to Autolite 25s, maybe it didnt like it. I was running 13* timing, it was pinging at 14 where I had it. Im not sure whats going on.

Reply #4
Not bad at all. I took my mach1 a week ago and couldn't get into the 13's. It's been 2 years, and I have never been to the strip before the mach1 in my life. My best is only 13.69 in my stock mach1. The car is capable of doing 13.28 or better, but I guess I'm still  new at it. I just hope I can get my 86' LS to do 13's. 265HP at the wheels. I'll wait until after CatJam of course.

Reply #5
, looks like you spanked that station wagon! ;)
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #6
Looks good. Are you pulling timing out when you spray it?

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #7
Quote from: 5.8fastcat
Looks good. Are you pulling timing out when you spray it?

No spray right now, all motor.

When I did spray I usually set the timing at 10* and ran Autolite 23 plugs. Right now Im running 13* timing and autolite 25 plugs. When I get the chance I will hook up the wideband and see what the A/F is doing.

Reply #8
were you running a bracket race? or heads up?

Reply #9
was that a Vista Cruiser? just watched that 70's show thats why it came to mind. probaly not

got to love the station wagons
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #10
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
were you running a bracket race? or heads up?

First two runs were practice, then bracket.

Yeah, I ran the station wagon three times in a row lol. I was trying to line up against an 05 GTO that was there, but no luck. The wagon ran mid 16s I believe.

Reply #11
First gen Monte Carlo!  I have one of those!

One 88

Reply #12
Yeah but does yours run 11.9s?? That was a sweet sleeper btw.

Reply #13
Ronnie on a iron headed motor I'd never run more than 24s, and in this weather I'd stick with the 23s... I've run the 23 equivilent in my TF headed 5.0 for over four years. It's never fouled or even carboned a plug and as you know my $hit is gettin tired...

BTW I just finished servicing the tranny... The collection magnet had a large "beard" and pan was black, hope it holds out till racin' season is over(then I'm also hopin' the crank don't push out the front of the block)...:hick:

Reply #14
Tom what gap are you running? And BTW I think you've got your use out of that trans up until now w/out a rebuild.

And cranks and blocks are pretty cheap...and gives you a good excuse to step up to a 347. ;)