Skip to main content
Topic: 1984 Thunderbird FILA (Read 3411 times) previous topic - next topic

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #15
Yeah that Engine bay made me go =:O
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #16
As of now I want to eventaly restore her. A good freind of mine's dad bought her new. Then my freind had it sold it, i bought it from that guy and now it's in her current condition. My skills are about 6/10 on what I can do and know. I realy don't want CFI but ifi can keep it on the car I've been told she will be worth more because she is a FIlA.

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #17
I don't know if I'd bank anything on the car being "worth" more. 

The wiring harness looks a fright, and may be more trouble than it's worth to trouble-shoot.  However, you may be able to find one from a member here who is taking CFI off their car.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #18
Any idea's of who would be? I have also been told that if I take the CIF of the car I can bolt on a Motocraft 2150 card right in it's place. It's not a ruch because i have my Vic' but it's more of a toy then anything. If you have any other ideas or hatemail, anything of the sort let me have it please.

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #19
Well, yes a carb will bolt right up to that intake...but you still have to deal with the fuel system (it's a high-pressure EFI set-up currently) and you'd have to rework the ignition, since the whole lot is computer controlled, you can't just pull the CFI unit off and expect the rest to work with a carb.

It's not just as easy as "bolting on a carb"

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #20
Yeah, that makes sence. Some of our other idea's were to put a 5.8 ( 351) in it and make it a " Speical" like a Saleen Mustang Or a Roush. Then me we all found out what a FILA was and how many are out there. Around here no one even know what a fila is. Not many do. It's nothing too speical like say a  1970 Boss 429 Mustang but they are rare. Rare-er with the 5.0. Now we want to restore it but still have some fun. I'm not planning to see her so I want to make her my baby.

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #21
Oh yeah, to everyone, how the hell do you put pictures in yoursigniture. I get the text and colors and everything but how to put a pic in there.

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #22
This is kinda a loaded question, but if my car is a "fox" then can't I take most suspention things from any 79-93 Stang'? I know I can take an engine from one  ( 85 only) but will things like bucket seats and other assorted things bolt on or will I have to mod them?

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #24
THe front suspension is the same as the Mustang of the same year, the rear is slightly different (control arms are longer)

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #25
Drew, do you have one and are willing to sell and would it work with the eec-4 i have now? I know i'm wording this wrong but will ti "bolt in" or do i have to do full harness swap. I'm also almost dead on funds, like $300 to get it runnin.

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #26
Quote from: Drewstang
Everything will bolt up, even the dash. Ditch the CFI and get a HO upper and lower and harness from a Mustang. I happen to know where you could get an upper and lower intake from.:)

Your to much of a mustang guy to be posting info like that.

Use a Harness from an 86 Tbird or cougar 5.0 SEFI.  It will take far less work to make functional than a mustang harness.
One 88

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #27
Ok, good news. I just got permition to take what ever I want from a freinds 88 Turbo Coupe. It's been wreaked but the driver door( I Need) and the interior is mine. Now the question is will that bolt to an 84 or will it have to be modded?

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #28
The door molding and window trim is different on the '87-'88 cars than the '83-'86.
The interior may need some modification or no modification depending on what pieces you plan to use.
Check out here for parts interchange information...
http://www.coolcats.net/tech/reference/parts.html

1984 Thunderbird FILA

Reply #29
Will the door itself fit? Thw whole car is for sale but it's about half way gutted if anyone wants it. If you guys want parts let me know and i'll do my best to hook you all up.