Skip to main content
Topic: Newest mod to the car (in the works) (Read 1400 times) previous topic - next topic

Newest mod to the car (in the works)

Ok its been awhile since Ive done any performance work to the car so this is long over due. Today I ordered the A O Dominator Transmission Level 4 with a 2500 non-lockup stall converter a Deep Drain pan and Tranny Cooler link to specs is below...http://www.transmissioncenter.net/AOD.htm

Plus I ordered these as well today....
FMS Aluminum Differential cover with drain and fill plugs
FMS 4.10:1 Ring and Pinion set
Ratech Deluxe Ring and Pinion Installation kit

With a built up non-electronic 4R70W transmission with the 4R70W wide ratio gear set and the 4.10's I should have a little more fun on take offs lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
thats gonna be one hell of a setup, might want to plant your head into the back of the seat before you launch because otherwise your gonna get wiplash lol...

Reply #2
Will, that is gonna break your neck man... nice setup

Reply #3
yea I can wait lol almost tempted to go ahead and get the supercharger now while Im already in debt lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
lmao, that would put a will shaped imprint in your seat ;-)

dooo it lol

Reply #5
I want one! Oh.... the supercharger or the trans???

I WILL TAKE BOTH! :bowdown:
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #6
Ok the 4.10's are getting installed on Friday. Still waiting on tranny to be delievered
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
 d00d. sounds like it should scoot on the low end now.

Reply #9
Sweetness... nice sig too btw :D

Reply #10
Guess the issue you spoke of at Carlisle was real bad.  Hope everything goes well.  Those 4.10's need either a centrifugal blower or a turbo perhaps.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
Quote from: Funky Cricket
d00d. sounds like it should scoot on the low end now.

I think it should scoot at any end now...lol.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #12
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Those 4.10's need either a centrifugal blower or a turbo perhaps.

LoL One thing at a time... The blower is on the list... ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Ok the new tranny arrived today and it and the car is on the way to the shop in the morning. I cant wait to take it for a spin this weekend....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]