Skip to main content
Topic: Sad but true (Read 650 times) previous topic - next topic

Sad but true

Well tonight I made a tough decision. I let the 86 Cougar go for a mere $400 to a friend. He blew the engine in his car today. I was unsure what to do. But Im happy and sad all at once. Im happy to have money for my 84, but sad to see a car with such potential leave my possession. He will treat it good I know that. I changed the spark plugs earlier today, and it ran so smooth after a year of sitting. I wish I could say I was driving it, but I will soon. He might start showing up here. We will see.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Sad but true

Reply #1
You could always buy it back from him, maybe. Welcome him to the boards.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Sad but true

Reply #2
He'll be on here in good time. He likes it here, I showed him around once. Well it's not officially sold. I had to tag, insure and send in the title to be "reworked". Somthing was said to be wrong. Start of next week she will be gone. It runs graat now, just gotta get the cobwebs out of her. She does some nice burnouts though. Im getting another 100 out of her too!!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit