Skip to main content
Topic: 88TC w/351 - Nice looking/driving car (Read 1111 times) previous topic - next topic

88TC w/351 - Nice looking/driving car

My son and I have an 88 TC that has a nice running 351W in it. As far as I can tell, it has every single option on it, including leather and a power sunroof. It's not quite a daily driver yet, butwe like cruising it around. He's leaving for college in the fall, so we're selling it. The price is $1500 and we may be willing to deliver it most anywhere for some gas money. If interested, feel free to PM me for details. Thanks.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/flstci71/detail?.dir=9beb&.dnm=beb1.jpg&.src=ph
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #1
Holy ! I remember you! That is one clean looking TC I can't believe you are selling it. Honestly it's a steal for that price. Maybe I can talk the girlfriend into it. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
Wow, that is a nice price. Wish I would have waited to buy my son a car. Now I kinda wish I would have bought that. Is there anything wrong with the car?

Reply #3
Dark, I apologize, it's not clicking. Where do you remember me from? Did we deal on something before?

Yellow, there are some things a guy could work on, such as hooking up gauges/heat/air or replacing tires/exhaust, but the only thing "wrong" with it that I know of is that it's not charging (alternator?). Otherwise, it runs and drives nice. I think the pictures make it look a little better than it really is, but it is a nice looking car. My son has two other TCs sitting at my house, plus his Sable daily driver. I can't have all those cars sitting around when he leaves for college, so this one has to go.

Reply #4
I think I met you on cardomain or possibly nato. either way we had/have the same 5-star AREs on white TCs. Yours had the staggered offset.

My cardomain link is in my sig if you need a refresher.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #5
Now I remember seeing your car! I think we met on NATO. Weren't you considering some turbines we had? Personally, I like the 5-stars on your car better than the turbines we were selling anyway. I think they make it look pretty nice. Good to hear from you again. Good luck with your car and feel free to let me know if there's anything you want to know about ours. Thanks.

Reply #6
We've had a couple of requests for delivery quotes.  My son and I would be willing to bring the car up to 500 miles for $175.  We would be happy to discuss farther distances if interested.  Thanks.

Reply #7
Has any work been done the the 351?  What year/model was it from and how many miles?  Looks good.

Reply #8
The 351W is from a 1976 Fairlane/Torino/Ranchero that, according to the odometer, had around 110K on it and is all stock. My son took the motor to his shop class before we installed it, so it has new front and rear main seals, new oil pan gasket, new valve cover gaskets, new water pump, new fan belt, new spark plugs, and all fresh fluids in it. After we put it in, we had a Ford mechanic go through the carb and the distributor, so it runs pretty sweet. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. P.S. Your 87 looks awesome!

88 Turbo coupe

Reply #9
Do you still have your 88 TC with a 351 for sale?  I'm interested.  You can reach me at upreach02@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Russ

Reply #11
Mike,
Do you still have the 351 TC? 

Russ
upreach02@yahoo.com

Reply #12
Those raven seats in the photo look like the ones I bought.Did I buy the front and rear from you on E-bay?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
Habit, I will be in touch shortly.

Vinnie, no, I've never sold any seats on eBay. In fact, I think I still have those seats out in my shop, still for sale too. lol