Skip to main content
Topic: for those who want to know (Read 944 times) previous topic - next topic

for those who want to know

Reply #1
Sounds like you hit rty dude, good job :p

It does sound pretty good. All the cats still in place?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Not bad. Sounds deep. Thinking about those for a temp. exhaust job on my 86 so I can sell it. You need SOME TIPS.:hick:
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #4
yeah, i like 'em and for around about 18 bux each... im set...  they sounds great for a good price. what more could you want?

btw- Happy B-day dude

Reply #5
not to bad. im not a big fan of hallowed out cats bc of the sound it throws off and how it dampers performance.now if you hallowed it and ran a pipe threw the cat then it's all good in my eyes.  or if people left the fronts alone and beat the backs out it may be beter . i just hate how mine sounds with the front two hallow.

but like you said not to bad for was 36 bucks not as loud as i thought it would be dumped like that.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #6
:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #7
So whats the setup you got there and how much did it run you?

and BTW i like the sound.

Reply #8
i got some stang shorties... $35
Mark VII h-pipe wiuth all four gutted cats $50
some 2 1/4 pipe  $ free!
and the cherry bomb turbo II's for around $18 each

im running dumps not tails so, around $120 130 before it was all said and done... did all the welding and other bs myself... and no.. its not clamped together

Reply #9
Thanks. I'm 18 today!!! I've been sitting back waiting for someone to start a thread. I guess I'm not loved like that. Ehh. Been working on my Escape all day. Finishing the sub box and Washing her getting ready to paint the calipers and drums. I'm trying to find the cable to my camera to post pics of the box, that  thing is heavy.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #10
hell yeah you need to do that

Reply #11
Kinda sounds like my $15 Summit Turbo lers. My exhaust was the stock y with a gutted main cat, and the summit lers with turndowns.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #12
headers and h-pipe make them flow just a wee bit better..... its all 2 1/4 pipe its real mellow sounding compared to some of the ones ive heard drive past my house at 3 am....