Skip to main content
Topic: Couple quick shots..... (Read 5022 times) previous topic - next topic

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #30
with your setup you should be able to swap in a TO4E pretty easily they are pretty cheap on ebay

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #31
Well I don't know if it's the seal or something else.  I did a DIY hybrid with my good T3 I had on the car previously.

My return line might be too small, and is restricting flow.  Never had a problem with it previously though.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #32
That's part of the thrash I guess Chuck...build it, check it, re-build it...looking good though.  That belt looks like it doesn't have much of a wrap on any of those pulleys...lol...think it'll slip at all???
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #33
The belt set-up is similar to what I had on my 2.3T Ranger.  Never had issue one in regards to belt slipage over the course of the year I drove it as a daily.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #34
Well, after taking the turbo apart, I think the oil issue might be my drain line

It's only -8AN, but has been fine on 2 cars over the past 7 years or so.  This had been with the stock feed line, so apparently the new -4AN feed line flows a bit much for this.

I've got some -10AN hose and adapters, so I just need a couple straight hose ends and that's set.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #35
-the day mine runs again, neighbors will call the law because some idiot in the neighborhood is running around screaming at the top of his lungs..............
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #36
Ok, progress made, some lost.

I installed the -10AN return hose, and the result was unchanged.  Then I remembered something I did Sat right before it started puking.  The breather hole in the v/c is open at the moment...so I plugged it with something.  Shortly thereafter, the oil issue started.  So I pulled that out and the oil issue lessed.  I can't tell if it stopped all the way as it's still buring oil out of the pipes.  This engine hasn't run in 1-1/2 years, and I'm not sure if I have a blowby issue, or just need to plumb that into the PVC hose to get a better vacspooge on the crackcase.
What this means is with that plugged, I apparently as having some crankcase pressurization issues...which was prohibiting the oil to drain into the block....  I'll see what happens with a couple fittings and some more hose for the PCV.

I need to tweak my throttle cable bracket.  It's not allowing the TB to close all the way.  Not a big deal.

My alternator doesn't appear to be charging.  At first I thought it was because I had forgotten to tighten the cable on the alt..but that didn't help.  It's a 3G, so maybe a regulator or something.  Didn't look too close.  Only getting 12.4V while running.

Tach still does not work....I need to just run a new wire from the coil to the tach and see if that is the issue.  I have tach readings on the MT.

Somehow the run-on prime issue has solved itself.  I was shutting down the MT and had to turn the key to on really quick to power the MS unit and I realized I didn't hear the pump running when I was done.  SO I checked it 3 more times.  Worked every time.  Perhaps it was a sticky relay or something that sorted itself while things ran.

I thought the O2 sensor was boogered by the oil, because I was getting no V reading....but then it came alive after fixing the puking issue.

So really aside from the possible bad alternator and the PCV thing it's coming along.

I did actually move it out of the garage on it's own power though :hick:..first time in a long time that I have't had to push it out.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #37
A couple more quick shots of things on the car.

Got the battery mount done

A pic of the relay board of the MegaSquirt set-up

A quick shot of the interior showing where the MS ECU will be mounted under the pass seat.

The oil situation seems better.  The blow-by issue is slowly clearing up and there is MUCH less oil smoke out of the tailpipe.  Still need to get the breather tank though.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #38
Ive been having PCV/blow by issues myself. You can pick up some decent catchcan setups for rather cheap on ebay, downfall is theyre chrome. If you have access to a bead blaster, and paint it, its not a problem.
It's Gumby's fault.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #39
I've got my eye on a couple others.  The ebay ones all look for shiznit.  Probably going to get one ordered tonight or tomorrow.

My plans for today got hyjacked by drama...so not much got done.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #40
I still say that your 83 is one of the best looking cars on the board:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #41
Quote from: thunderjet302
I still say that your 83 is one of the best looking cars on the board:D

I'm not sure about all that...but I'll take the compliment anyway :hick:

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #42
how much and where did you get the mega squirt from, and how much power are you makin with it

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #43
Quote from: 87-black-tc
how much and where did you get the mega squirt from, and how much power are you makin with it

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Do some reading.

I bought my stuff from glensgarage.com, but there are several vendors.

I just got the car running, so I haven't dialed the tune in yet..

Couple quick shots.....

Reply #44
Couple more shots.

Here's some updated interior shots.  The forward part of the "office" is coming along well.  I'm thinking of swapping out the TC door panels, but may just leave them.

and a recent engine pic.