Topic: My wrecked cat (Read 3440 times) previous topic - next topic

My wrecked cat

ok this is my first time posting pics so hopefully im successful :disappoin

Re: My wrecked cat

Reply #1
WOW, that's terrible!!! :eek:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
If you look reeaaall Close, you can see WINDSTAR  :giggle: see i wouldnt be so depressed about it if i hadnt just bought a 1500 dollar paint job, and the new headlights, and the new tires,and fixed the retarted idle and the retarted window, and just bought the new foglights, and the dual exhaust with the glasspacks, and the 952 dollar heater core replacement with new inner tie rods, and the new shocks and struts so on snd so on.

Reply #3
I always worry about something like that happening, now that my car is getting closer to being done.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #4
I was supposed to get 2700 for it but they subtracted 1000 because of "hail damage" i would of been ok with that but just one problem, THERE IS NO HAIL IN LAWTON OKLAHOMA, so im fighting that one. it would be a little too much money to fix it because the frame is bent. so i would have to buy a new frame,door ,quarter panel,window, windshield, front fender new rims and tires, dashboard, center console and battery tray. oh i forgot door panel. do u see hail damage here?

Reply #5
Ahhh, I don't see any "damage" at all, except for the side. Probably trying to see if you were paying attention, make a cheaper payoff.  insurance companies. Looks like the Cougar was in great shape before.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #6
It'd be real hard to buy a "frame" anyway cause these car's dont really have a single frame that comes apart from the body.  So, if the adjuster told you it needed a frame he was talking outta his ass.

Reply #7
Oh hell yeah, i loved my car, now i cant even look at it. and i  sure dont wanna get stuck with my dad's ford tour so i think im just gonna get my 5.0 from that cougar, soup it up, find another good conditioned xr-7 and drop the motor in that. or get a Diamante. whatever costs less. im still gettin more pics developed so ill show what it looked like before the wreck.

Im still goin to catjam 06 with or without a cat! so get ready for me Eric!!!

Reply #8
thats a bad place to repair. I fixed one like it here at the house but it took a lot of doing.  Took the door and fender off.,, did some drilling and used a come along to pull on critical areas.  finallly we were able to bolt on body parts and fill here and there with bondo.  like i said,, it took a lot of work creative tools.

id remove the fender and door so you can see more.  thats a pretty good bang but its easy to make a tbone hit look bad anyway with the doors being the major impact.

Reply #9
Yeah, you dont know what your looking at till you pull the other things out of the way.  That was how my small impact in passenger front turned into a swapping of stock front k-members etc....

Reply #10
Heres a pic of the wreck in the newspaper

Reply #11
That sucks, but don't let the insurance company screw ya.  I had a mint 91 camaro back when it was 6 yrs old and it got totalled and the insurance company sent out their adjuster and he said it was "average" condition.  Selling price for average was half what mine was worth.  He cited oil leaks (were none), minor tears in fabric (were none), chips/scratches in paint (were none), etc.  Point being they will do anything to get the price down on you because they know the average guy won't consult a lawyer.  It's prob. best to pay a lawyer 100 bucks just to send em a letter and maybe it would scare them.  It took me 8 months to get an extra 1000 dollars out of them so good luck.

Reply #12
sorry about your wreck, hope noone was hurt. I too worry about putting mine back on the road considering how much  pride and money we put in these cars with motors, paint and other restoration. Hard to predict if the other drivers are paying attention or not! Good luck with finding a donor for your motor and transmission!

Reply #13
to bad

Reply #14
if that car is worth more to you go to court i live in longisland NY and i whet to small claims court i dont know what it is by you. 4 years ago i had a 94' hyundai ecel as a commuter car til someone hit me well my car was considered a total. i just got done putting aprox $1200 into it so they said just give us reciept and if its within a year we will refund you. sounds easy well they told me the car is only worth 800 and thats all your getting there so called experts said who puts that kind money into that car.so we argued i told them it was my car it was relieable and i know what it needed (4tires,exsaust,bearings,and alot other ect.)i did alot of mileage.it was a good commuter car.they did not care they said take it or take us to court.so i did.(w/some legal advise)i sued for about 3000. and at court knowing they where wrong they settle for 18 or 1900 so i never went to trial.
princible of the story if that car is worth more to you, you have to play the game. to them the car is 20 years old and not woth nothing. it deffintly stinks i could'nt believe i sued hopefully its the last time.

P.S 3 weeks later after my accident,taking my mint 92'thunderbird sport home from work i lost cotrol in the snow and a 18 wheeler could not stop ran over the the back of my car totaling it.i know im lucky to be alive after that one. but needless to say that part of my life sucked.