Skip to main content
Topic: Another one bites the dust... (Read 818 times) previous topic - next topic

Another one bites the dust...

My parts TC was officially "killed" today. I sold off the heart and soul (engine and computer) to a guy wanting to put it into a Mustang II. I also sold off the tranny to a guy looking to put it into a 5.0 Mustang (I warned him thoroughly that the tranny was weaker than an 8-cyl one but he'd hear none of my warnings). I sold it off because I've got to devote more time to the '88, and given the rate my projects progress it'd be 2075 before I even could consider a 2.3t project.

With the engine out I got a much better glimps at the original cause of this car's demise: The strut towers and front framerails were even worse than I had thought - they were completely rusted out. There was no saving this car.

So the bad news is that I no longer have a TC drivetrain lying around. The good news is that I got nearly what I paid for the whole car back for the engine and tranny. That means I got a TC rear, front brakes, hood, header panel, bumper cover, springs, sway bars, interior, and an assload of spare body/electrical parts for next to nothing :D Actually when you consider what I've gotten for the cluster, tail lights and a full digital cluster that was in the trunk it was pretty much f-r-e-e :deal:

I didn't have my camera handy while stripping it, but I will take pics, especially when the car's final moment comes: The neighbour at the cottage wants the shell for s metal and is gonna smush it with his front end loader :evilgrin: In fact I will have him flip it over with said loader when I get the body and interior out of it so I can pick the suspension out with ease...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
I have a digital vid of me, Jon, and Russ rolling a junked TC over with a chain hooked to the ass-end of an old Bronco. Man we were hack back then!

Reply #2
I have a few vids of a friend and I rolling a sprint over and driving it over with his truck :p I think i'm gonna jump the 80 after I strip it... just for kicks, i'll post that video. As much as we all love cars nobody can deny killing one is fun.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
yours right, building them is great, but killing them is even more fun lol. My 88 hatchback got a sawzall to it. Nothing like having the new 90 in the yard and 6-7 pcs of another laying around til I finally hauled them away.