Skip to main content
Topic: TC air dam (Read 2976 times) previous topic - next topic

TC air dam

Will a tc air dam fit on an 88 cougar. I know I will have to remove the grill but does it bolt up in the same places?

Re: TC air dam

Reply #1
by air dam, do you mean the header panel, the place between the headlights?

Reply #2
No, the part that has the fog light holes in it. I have two air dams laying around and want to put one on the cougar.

Reply #3
Takes modifying I believe. I'm pretty sure the header panels between the 2 cars are different in the way they fit with the bumpers.

It's been done though

Reply #4
Yes it fits just fine!! :ies:  :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
That is just sweet! I think I am going to try this this weekend.
What else have you done to yours?

Reply #6
I'll get some pics this weekend to show what else I did. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #7
you need to cut the grill down, or make a custom grill
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
not always.  :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #9
I installed the TC bumper cover, but used the Cougar reinforcing plate, (the one that runs under the header panel). That way I could use the stock grille. I was making a custom grille, but liked this one better. :ies:  :ies: (notice no gap under the lights!!! :grinno: )
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #10
Quote from: cougarman
I installed the TC bumper cover, but used the Cougar reinforcing plate, (the one that runs under the header panel). That way I could use the stock grille. I was making a custom grille, but liked this one better. :ies:  :ies: (notice no gap under the lights!!! :grinno: )

Wow that is nice! I picked up a TC bumper cover a little while ago with the same plan. How's the view from the top? I know the TC bumper cover kind of sticks out in the middle to a "point" - how far does it come out? Does it look weird at all?
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #11
It comes to more of a point than the Cougar, but I think it still looks good. Here is a old pic when I first put it on. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #12
Defintly another one unique cat :)

Reply #13
i don't know about every one else but i like the look of the custom grill you were making better than the original. but then again what ever makes your cat pur to you :headbang:
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Reply #14
Thanks everyone!! :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3