Skip to main content
Topic: Alex's Funeral pics. (for his '84 Cougar) (Read 1513 times) previous topic - next topic

Alex's Funeral pics. (for his '84 Cougar)

I triied to send this to you by private message but you can't do file attachments that way, so here you go.  It aint pretty!  But you said you wanted the closure of "an open casket"  so here she is, about to be buried.

Reply #1
one last pic.  As you can see there isn't much left of her.  I took both the door jams, along the front edge of the roof, the cowl vent cover, the rear liscence plate mounting area, both quarters, and all the bolt on body parts.  I cut through both the door posts up by the so basicaly all I have to do to make it a complete convertible is cut through between the back windows.

Reply #2
May I ask, why you didnt just transfer parts to that Cougar?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #3
I'd be more interested in knowing what those shiny things in the trunk are...

Soon enough I'll have pics of an '87 Turbo Coupe in that state, only I know a guy with a front end loader (who happens to live across the road from the cottage, where the car is being stripped, and who wants the shell for s metal), so it'll be much, much worse :evilgrin:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
:flame: :flame: :nono:  messing up a good cougar like that sheesh!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #5
The horror, the horror.

Looks like your Cougar in the background is coming along nicely though.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #6
give me a couple weeks, i'll have pix of a costome 88 vert xr7 :D

Reply #7
If you talk to Alex, you'll know that the cougar you see pictured there had a lot of hidden rust.  Structural, dangerous, if-you-wrecked-it-it-would-collapse rust.

Reply #8
Well RJ, Lets see some of your other cougar.  Looks like Baxo's car had a rotten core support as well as other parts.
One 88

Reply #9
Quote from: Ifixyawata
If you talk to Alex, you'll know that the cougar you see pictured there had a lot of hidden rust.  Structural, dangerous, if-you-wrecked-it-it-would-collapse rust.

You know it.. 2 years ago i took it up north when i went camping with my friends, had it locked, windows up, all that jazz and 3 days later when camping was done, I got in the car only to find out a mouse has made it its home. So that should give an idea of how bad the underside was.

But it looks like RJ taking everything BUT the underside.. he should have just got a new floor pan into my old 84 instead and would have saved himself a lot of work and unnecessary cutting.. But as he said.. that wasn't his first cougar, just mine.

Reply #10
That second pic, of the core support...the TC I've got makes that Cougar look like new.
Mine is all beat up...as far as things getting ugly when ya move em, wait till I move that TC when I get it stripped, I just found out this past weekend that the whole rear subframe area is rusty, almost as bad as the front...I don't see it holding up to being hoisted in the air with a Case 1370...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #11
well how bad was the floor of the trunk and rj if ya still have it and its in good shape can ya cut it out for me since i need to redo my trunk floor. if not its not a prob cuz im just gonna cut out old metal amd patch in new.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com