Skip to main content
Topic: Farewell to Alberta (Read 1708 times) previous topic - next topic

Farewell to Alberta

Farewell to Alberta

Farewell to ol' Alberta, you oil soaked dirt
Let your mountains tall and rocky be
For when I am far away by the brimy ocean tanned
Will you ever heave a sigh or a wish for me?

The sun was setting in the west
The birds were singing on the last few trees
All nature seemed inclined for to rest
But still there was no rest for me

I grieve to leave this money makin' land
I grieve to leave my comrades all
With no parents 'round, whom I held so dear
And no bonny, bonny lassie that I love so well

The Jeep packed up and the tail pipe sings
My wife she calls, I must obey
So farewell, farewell to 'ol Alberta's charm
For it's early in the morning, I'll be far, far away

I have two brothers and they never rest
One lucky he never need drive here
But a poor and simple drafter just like me
Must run far away just to view the pure blue sea

Ok, that's about all the shanty tunes you guys can handle. ;) Anyway, I'm off. Today is my last day of work, and until I'm situated back east, I won't be getting online. Saturday we start driving, and hopefully we'll be there by Friday. So I'll catch you guys on the flipside. :)

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #1
Alright man, hopin' you have a safe trip and all...
I remember readin one of your posts awhile back, you and the rest of the family had been apart awhile, due to the move, man, I couldn't handle that...
Anyways take care ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #2
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek
Alright man, hopin' you have a safe trip and all...
I remember readin one of your posts awhile back, you and the rest of the family had been apart awhile, due to the move, man, I couldn't handle that...
Anyways take care ;)

Thanks, man. And well, I'm already at the end of that rope. So they'll be my main focus for the next week.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #3
Have a safe trip, dont stop in manitoba too long it has a way of pulling you in and sucking the life out of you :p
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #4
Quote from: tbirdscott
Have a safe trip, dont stop in manitoba too long it has a way of pulling you in and sucking the life out of you :p

Have a safe trip, and don't let those Manitoba roads rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #5
Don't worry, if the Manitoba roads don't, the Nova Scotia roads will :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #6
I was actually singing the tune while I read that post. :giggle:

Have a safe trip home.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #7
Keep goin south.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #8
Have a safe trip and good luck:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #9
Safe trip and all that, you know.  I sure hope your TC and propane-beast-truck arrive in one piece on the train, heh.

You Canadians have your own separate culture and stuff.  It seems so strange that a place not so far away could be so different.  Hell, I'm so geographically-uneducated that I can't even picture where all these provinces are.  Alls I knows is that there are some big ones way way up north and they don't have many roads but lots of caribou and shiznit...

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #10
be safe man, and spend some time with the fam.

good luck.

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #11
Quote from: stuntmannick
Keep goin south.

How about East by Southeast? There's a little bit of south in there. :p

Quote from: Ifixyawata
Safe trip and all that, you know.  I sure hope your TC and propane-beast-truck arrive in one piece on the train, heh.

You Canadians have your own separate culture and stuff.  It seems so strange that a place not so far away could be so different.  Hell, I'm so geographically-uneducated that I can't even picture where all these provinces are.  Alls I knows is that there are some big ones way way up north and they don't have many roads but lots of caribou and shiznit...

The truck and TC are fine. They showed up without a scratch.

Ok. Picture moving from Montana to Maine, but go a little bit farther on a big peninsula on the coast. From the Rockies to the Atlantic. It took us four days, which is  good time. We didn't stop for the night until we got to Thunder Bay.

Those big ones in the north with hardly any roads and lots of caribou are territories. Every province but a few Maritime ones actually border the US. :)

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #12
Glad to hear it went ok!

Farewell to Alberta

Reply #13
Welcome home ;)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣