Our 1991 Pontiac Trans AM

Only 2 so far :)

Reply #2
Sweet. How's the interior on it?

Reply #3
dont bother too much with thirdgen.org, that place is full of tools

its hard to find good information among all of the stupid kids asking stupid quesitons

the 305 with Tuned Port is pretty peppy, my buddy has an 88 Trans Am in the 14's with mostly bolt ons and a 5-speed swap.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Well last night I decoded the VIN and RPO numbers and found out its a LB9 305 V8 with a  THM700R4 Auto.

205 HP, 285 lb/ft Torque and has a 2.73 Limited Slip rear end.

Body is the 1st thing wrong with it I may have to buy floor pans for it depending on how bad they are.

Reply #5
My dad's 84 Trans Am has the 305 TPI in it; it is a quick engine.  TAs also handle really well ;) .

Reply #6
Quote from: LSX
Well last night I decoded the VIN and RPO numbers and found out its a LB9 305 V8 with a  THM700R4 Auto.

205 HP, 285 lb/ft Torque and has a 2.73 Limited Slip rear end.

Body is the 1st thing wrong with it I may have to buy floor pans for it depending on how bad they are.

I coulda told ya that, pop the hood, see its not TBI, and its automatically a LB9, and the auto was only a 700R4, no other choice.

If you need any help, im well versed in the thirdgens, ive helped my buddy build his from the ground up just about,

Quote from: kingcars

My dad's 84 Trans Am has the 305 TPI in it; it is a quick engine. TAs also handle really well  .

It shouldnt have, in 84 it should have been an LG4. Carbed 305
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
...maybe it's an 85 Trans Am....I'm all mixed up :hick: .  It is a TPI though, I'm sure of that.