Skip to main content
Topic: Diagnosing ANOTHER No-POST situation... (Read 3214 times) previous topic - next topic

Diagnosing ANOTHER No-POST situation...

Reply #15
exactly what i was going to say, sounds like the chip or mb got staticked. ( i made that word up, its a good one) try a different chip on the mb or try that chip ina good mb if one is available.

it may also be heat? did the heat sink pull away from the cpu when it cooled ot fast, maybe warped it? might be something to check. also, most parts if under a year old should still be under warrenty.

Reply #16
Well, it must've been the mobo or the CPU, or maybe even the RAM.  I reassembled the computer with my old mobo and CPU (now 1.5 GHz as opposed to a 1.8, Athlon vs. Sempr0n, and 256 ram vs. 1gig)  So it's not too bad of a downgrade, at least until I have money for a new mobo/CPU combo.  The piece runs great, for now... once I have the time (finals are coming up) I'll probably give it another go, but for now this setup works.

Thanks for all your advice, guys.  I might ressurrect this thread once I have the cash for new parts (buying the new PS set me back more than I could really afford.)

Reply #17
Man i must be lucky.  I've not had to do anything to the hardware in my computer.  Been truckin for 4 years with the old amd 2100+
One 88