Skip to main content
Topic: Functional turbo coupe scoops on a 5.0? (Read 2536 times) previous topic - next topic

Functional turbo coupe scoops on a 5.0?

Reply #15
Our cars would have to have the same ammount of hood clearance Id think or it would look like ass unless you put a spacer in or something which could possibly be done to raise it if our hood sits closer to the intake the hood isnt going to be able to press down on it like it does on that car which would mean leaks around the hole for it when it rains and such.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Reply #16
http://www.stangnet.com/reviews/banshee/

Adaptable to our cars?

Hmm this looks like it might work. The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that it only works with the stock intake. When I go to an Explorer or Cobra intake I'm screwed......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
hmm, might have to get creative with some spacers, but I dont see why it wouldnt work. My only problem would be cutting up a hood. Man tc hoods would start looking funny,(not to menton any "sleeper" cars)
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
I wouldn't mind cutting up one of my Mark hoods to try that out.. but I have a spare if I mess up. :p

Reply #19
That is cool, and it would look cooler on a Mark.
"1FSTCAT" - 87 Mercury Cougar XR7, 5 Speed, Powerdyne Supercharger.

"NTRCPTR" - 91 Crown Vic Police Interceptor - 460 POWERED. 14.15 @ 97 MPH, untuned.

Reply #20
well I got one just chilling out in my back yard, just a couple of dents. I dont want a ram air set up, at least not to spring for it right before I become unemployed again.\

If anyone wants to send me theirs(ram air) I will install it with pictures and then send it back to them ;)
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #21
Well once I get my turbo coupe hood painted and put on my car, I'll have my old regular Tbird hood...so maybe that could be a nice spare to use since it's in fine shape :) .

Reply #22
Now if someone could figure out how to do a shaker like the 2004 Mach1 that would be pretty  cool :D

ahem....go modular ;)

anyway, i was once thinking about putting a turbo coupe hood scoop into the bassenger side fender and making a cold air/ram air.

also...im not sure the banshee shaker hood is available anymore. i think roush makes or at least made one. either way they are friggin expensive. hell, even the take off 03-04 mach w shakers are going for an easy 300-500 with no brackets or ducting....its retarded. super cool though.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~