Skip to main content
Topic: '83 and '84 LS Cougars For Sale (Read 1359 times) previous topic - next topic

'83 and '84 LS Cougars For Sale

Reply #15
Quote from: Cougar8775
so is that the black cougar that hs the bent frount end

Yes
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #16
hey is there any chance i can score a sending unit from yafordman? since mine has gotten a crack in one of the lines so im in need of replacing it. let me know how much for it and ill send ya the cash!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #17
I'm still interested in the '83.  I don't think Bob has contacted you yet though (and you said you were gone all weekend anyway)....

Just so you know ;)

Reply #18
Chuck,
Sorry about the delay.  Nope, I haven't heard from Bob yet, but then again, he might have had a hard time reaching me.  If you can, touch base with him.  Yes, I'm still interested in selling it if it passes the inspection test.  I REALLY want that Sage Green '85 that cropped back up after several months, but it's WAY too far away.

Cougar8775,
I might have a usable sending unit on the TC tank, but I have no idea if it works.  Heck, you could have the whole tank, but it would probably be a b**** to ship.  Yes, I do have a set of lighted coach lamps from the tan '84.  I'd take $45 shipped.  Once upon a time, had you asked me about these before?  At one time somebody wanted them, but I guess never had the $$.

Fordman3

Reply #19
bout the coach lamps? if so no but the gas tank yeah but also i have a new gas tank i can get cheap i just need the sender.

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #20
Fordman-
I'll drop Bob another quick note.  If you get a chance to get a couple straight-on pics that would be cool too.  I would need to see about getting some sort of axle under it to make the drag home easier too.  Mainly just something to sit on the tow dolly with as I'll just tow it front down.

Cougar8775...the coach lamps are the light-up C-pilar emblems you asked about a couple posts ago... ;)

Reply #21
Chuck,
Here are hopefully the pictures you have been looking for.  Bob called tonight, and he's supposed to come by tomorrow evening.  Maybe between his opinion and these pictures, you'll still be interested.  Talk to you soon.

Fordman3

Reply #22
Cool.  I'll wait until Bob gets a gander at it and we'll go from there.  maybe PM me with some info on what you might want for it as a roller (I have no need/desire for the 3.8 or the auto).

I know you don't have the header panel or the bumper cover, but it's not a big deal (I have spares).

Reply #23
what bout that sending unit? cuz im in need of it cuz im sick of the gas smell every time i drive the car plus its wasting money:flame:  so let me know whats up

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #24
cougar8775,
Sorry for the delay.  I don't mean to sound dumb, but can you describe what the sending unit looks like exactly, and any pointers on how to remove it from the tank without damaging it.  I've got a tank on the ground right now that probably has what you need, but I just need to know exactly what I'm going after.  Let me know.

Fordman3

Reply #25
ok its gonna have a eletrical connection for the fuel pump and going to have 3 lines i belive sometimes 2 comming out from the top. if there is some rust be careful to hit the locking ring counterclockwise i belive to losen it. there should be some tabs tou can place the flat bladed screwdriver on as you hit the end of the screw driver with the hammer then gently and slowly lift it out of the tank and not to drop the sock into the tank or your going to go fishing for it. also leave it sit out for a few days to let all the gas evaporate so its ok to ship.

Got that fox rash again!