Skip to main content
Topic: Single pic of my bird *update* 56k Hell! (Read 1946 times) previous topic - next topic

Single pic of my bird *update* 56k Hell!

Not too much has been done to my bird lately so i decided to take a pic of it (meh, why not)

this is whats been done thus far:

1: Threw in the mustang seats now in search of a console....
2: painted the motor all up (black, red)
3: Air freshener
4: oil change
5: brakes
6: headers, h-pipe and some cherry bomb cheapo lers
7: fixed the hood release, man that was quick lol

What needs done
1:Alternator! i swear im tired of jumping this  thing!
2: console
3: fix up some lingering exhaust leaks....
4: bodywork....... yeah it needs it

well here ya go...

Reply #1
Should post a pic of the engine bay.  Hopfully the body work wont be too extensive.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #2
ill snag one tomorow...

its just the fenders and the bottoms of the doors meh no biggie

Reply #3
Is it just surface rust?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #4
What needs done
1:Alternator! i swear im tired of jumping this  thing!
2: console
3: fix up some lingering exhaust leaks....
4: bodywork....... yeah it needs it
5: Wheels. You need some wheels. Those 14" wire hubcaps are teh suck :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
Quote from: 88FoxBird
Is it just surface rust?

no, i can stick my fingers through the fenders its not too bad it just needs some help

Quote from: Thunder Chicken
5: Wheels. You need some wheels. Those 14" wire hubcaps are teh suck:hick:

hah i got some new wheels i just need some tires.....and a couple of center caps....

Reply #6
heres that underhood pic....

doesnt look all to bad if i do say so myself

Reply #7
alright ive got a new picture spot since it has dried up..... it gonna look alot better when the apple trees are in bloom but all in all an awesome spot

thanks for looking

Reply #8
Sharp car. What kinda wheels did ya get?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #9
thanks dude, the wheels i got are the ones on the front of my car in my sig....... not very easy to see but i decided to dump that idea for one.... i was gonna ahve to buy them off my brother..... for two 2 of them have good tires and 2 dont, one is bent and theres only 2 caps and only one that actually stays on

but yeah i spend my day polishing the chrome my moms BF drives a semi and he bought some chrome polish from a vendor at a truck stop, it comes in like a shampoo bottle......holy  does this shiznit work man! this stuff it tells you to wipe on with a rag then immediately wipe off and to not let dry it made a hell of a difference shined those old 14" hubcaps right up

Reply #10
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
no, i can stick my fingers through the fenders its not too bad it just needs some help

I keep telling you to make a trip and get the fenders and other asorted stuff from me.

Oh ya and monday I will put the intake plaque in the mail for you.

Reply #11
Quote from: slamedcat
I keep telling you to make a trip and get the fenders and other asorted stuff from me.

Oh ya and monday I will put the intake plaque in the mail for you.

schweetness man

lol, much appreciated Carl

Reply #12

:eek:

It's when I hear about rust like that it makes me glad my Tbird is from California :D . I see Fox Tbirds at the wreakers near my house where the lower quarters are so rotted out that I can poke my fingers through 'em.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #13
yeah, carl has a bird with the same colorscheme we have kujo.... except one thing.... its in good condiction :-D

Reply #14
yeah, carl has a bird with the same colorscheme we have kujo.... except one thing.... its in good condiction :-D

Mines a different color than yours lol. It's silver over gray not brown over brown;) . Mine's in good condition. I don't have any rust :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.