Skip to main content
Topic: new rear suspension for the stang (Read 1143 times) previous topic - next topic

new rear suspension for the stang

Put the lakewood 50/50 Rear shocks, Lakewood LCA's and FMS B springs in the rear not to long ago...figured Id show some pics. I havnt did the front yet (waiting on struts)

heres a pic of it assembled for the most part, minus sway bar at the time

back on the ground...

Still gotta go through and find the isolaters off of my 88 when I took it apart since the 90 had none.

Reply #1
what is the tire size in the back? and how much did it lower the back i think mine sits way to freaking high in the back
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #2
its a 255/60/15 in the back, I dont really know how much it lowered it because the stock springs had been cut and it sat unlevel at times lol.

Reply #3
oh big tire out back . do they make the car swishy in the back  or lose. i know when i go from the sumitmo sp* to the old bfg's the car is a whole differnt car. but we are talking a verry loose tire to a verry soft wana stick to the road in any condition  and wear out in a year tire. 15bfg to 16 also  some puppiesan name

By the way. do you know the offset on those wheels to get a 255 in the back?  and are the quad shocks fliped?
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #4
car feels good to me in the back, quad shocks are not flipped and the backspacing is 5.5". The car had 275/50 BFG in the rear when i bought it, but they were beyond shot and it rubbed the drivers inner fender a lil bit so I went down a couple sizes.

Reply #5
sorry bout these questions but could you snap a pic of the rear wheel like how much lip is on the wheel. kinda like you sig but closer. thanks. if you have time.  ok later . looks good and that info should give me a good idea where to start

Reply #6
lucky for you I have a pic like this already lol, This is when I 1st got it with the 275/50's in the rear, but should still give you an idea.

dont mind the uber awesome plywood cow lol

heres a shot from the back with the 275/50s aswell, notice how sometimes it didnt sit level? lol

Reply #7
wow thats really uneven but thanks i got a good idea now