Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 Ford Thunderbird (Read 1145 times) previous topic - next topic

1987 Ford Thunderbird

[COLOR="Red"]NOW PARTING OUT[/COLOR]. POST UP WITH YOUR WANTED ITEMS :D

I forgot to mention that some of the parts are less than a year old on the car such as:

ECU
Starter
Alternator

Well, this site has been helpful to me and everything, but I just don't have the time or money to Re-do my t-bird. So now it's for Sale. I will still be around the forums, because I like these cars so much.

I really want to sell the car whole. If I have more interest in parting out, I will go that route, but I don't really want to deal with it. Also, if there are any other pictures you want, let me know and I will get specific pictures for you.

Price $300 obo. I'm not too firm on price, I have to get rid of it.
The car will need to be trailor/pulled home.

Details:
1987 Ford Thunderbird
-3.8 v6
-TBI
-Red Iinterior
-Grey/silver exterior (has been called primer black, and grey, pics will determine your judgement call.
-Clean Title

The bad details:-Motor is blown (either spun bearing, threw rod, or both, motor was starved of oil, oil pump went out)
-brother back into the front end, busted the facia, bumper is a little wacked, grill is gone, and lens fell off the headlights.
-13" wire wheels
- left front brake line is busted.

Plans were to take the 3.8 out and swap in a carb'd 5.0, but resources are not permitting. The car was actually a great car until the motor blew, I've owned it 4 years and no major problems until around may 05

Contact Info:
Cell: 502-271-9603 (after 1pm please)
Email: kevin240@bellsouth.net or i641cc@aol.com
AIM/AOL: i641cc or kevostradamus

Pictures:

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #1
Forgot to mention the car is located at my house in Louisville, KY zip 40216, incase anyone is curious about distance. I am about 2 hours from Indianapolis, IN and 2.5-3 hours from Nashville, TN.

The car has some parts on it that are less than a year old.
-Starter
-Alternator
-Igniton tumbler (has new key, but I still have the old tumbler, with old key, if wanted)
-battery
-ECU (reburbished)

Thats all the parts I can think of at the moment. If the car does not sell within the week, I will start to part it out. So Those of you looking for parts,  Post up what you are wanting.

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #2
What shape are the doors in? I'm not interested in the panels, but the doors themselves.

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #3
You'll make more $ parting it out though, i dunno if anybdoy will wanna tkae on that project.  Hows the Hood release cable?? =:)
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #4
Quote from: Vantage08
You'll make more $ parting it out though, i dunno if anybdoy will wanna tkae on that project.  Hows the Hood release cable?? =:)

Yeah, I kinda figured it would be more of a parting out situation.

I'll have to double check it, but I know it still works and releases the hood. :D

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #5
Quote from: Wingnutt
What shape are the doors in? I'm not interested in the panels, but the doors themselves.

Doors by their self are in pretty good shape, no rust. Possibly a few dings. I have to re-check, I will also snap a few pictures of them tomrorow after work. The door handle on the passenger side is broke, but still functions (half-way) and the drivers is starting to do the same thing. Molding is still decent as well. Drivers window is off track, passenger window is good.

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #7
If you're still looking to part it out, I'd like the driver's side tail light, what would you want for it shipped to 64801 ?

2003 Triumph Speed Four
1992 Dnepr MT-11 30rwhp "Gracie"

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #8
Here are some pics. The doors look to be in really good shape.  I don't think I would be willing to ship the doors. Thats probably going to cost a poop load.

The drives side tail light has no major cracks, but has some small scratches. I tried to catch it with the zoom on my camera, but it might be hard to see, it was getting dark, so the flash might have made it look silly.  If you're still interested in it let me know, and i'll give you a price including shipping

Interior

Reply #9
I need this part, for both sides.  It's after the A-pillar and before the back panels!! 

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #10
Let me see if a can manage a road trip in the near future if you still have the car. The wife and I are planning on a weekend getaway soon, so picking up those doors might be a good enough reason to head over to KY. BTW, how much would you like to get out of those doors?

1987 Ford Thunderbird

Reply #11
Ok guys and gals, sorry I've not replied, but I've been away and busy. I have also decided to renew faith and keep the car. So feel free to delete this thread.