Skip to main content
Topic: Dash Cluster (Read 990 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash Cluster

ok i have a dash light out right now and the dash is disassembled all the screws are out. there is a white wire holding it how do i get it out?
i have been working on this for a few days now does anyone know what i have to do to get that thing out? thanks
                                              -chris

Dash Cluster

Reply #1
That white wire is not a wire.  It is the cable to controll the shift indicator.  If you look under the colomn you will see that it is simply screwed on.  Be carefull they break easy.
One 88

Dash Cluster

Reply #2
ok yea i got the problem taken care of but now that i got the indicator back on that hook now the indicator is out of wack like when it says its in reverse its in overdrive

Dash Cluster

Reply #3
Loosen the screw a bit and rotate the clip around the steering column until the pointer is where it should be.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Dash Cluster

Reply #4
the clip is prolly broken. If it is, you need to hose clamp around it. Or the almighty duct tape.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Dash Cluster

Reply #5
Hose clamp works duct tape dosen't. Don't ask why I know.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Dash Cluster

Reply #6
duct tape always works, if you use enough in the right places.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com