Skip to main content
Topic: Guitar Amp wanted (Read 1194 times) previous topic - next topic

Guitar Amp wanted

does anybody here have a spare guitar amp laying around? because i know some of you guys rock out... im in need of an amp

Im looking for somthing that will be able to take some abuse, not a practice amp.... drop me a pm if you can hook me up cheap

im in Fort Wayne

-Clayton

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #1
I wish I could help ya with an amp...  I've only had practice amps and I live nowhere near ya.  Do you have any idea what model you're looking for?  Tube or solid state?  What kind of music you usually play?
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #2
I'm not willing to sell mine, but I got a hell of a deal on it, and it's awesome.  I got it from Musician's Friend.  It's a Rogue GS-100R--2 12's, 100w.  This thing is so loud it makes stuff fall off of shelves in my room.  Seriously.  Rear modeler bypass, two inputs, one output, gain, all the necessities, it's a 60 pounder.  About a year ago it was $150 on Musician's Friend which, if you compare it to other amps with 2 12's and 100 watts ($300-$500), it is a HELL of a deal.  You should check this one out.

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #3
im looking for a solid state full or half stack

i play punk/grunge/metal/ and some screamo music

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #4
I got a 120w beringer amp from guitar center(can prolly be ordered from musicians freind, same company) for about  $250. Little bit expensive for a single 12"(I  think), but it has sound effects and diffrent presets and what not built it. Nice distortion and clean sounds. And a built in tuner.It also has a pedal to do the presets and tuner.

Not the best buy, but it would be plenty loud enough for screwing around with. At half volume I equal my freinds drums. Not quite loud enough for a venue though.

Still a good amp for the price
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #5
I have a Randall amp, can't remember the model #, I'd have to go downstairs to look, will edit this post later with it...
It has a 12" Celestion in it, as well as 2 channels, and some tone adjustability, supposed to be 150 watts, but I don't think it's really that, most solid state amps don't make the power they claim.
I'd sell it, but shipping would be a bitch...it's also a lead guitar amp, probably not what you'd want for punk/grunge stuff, you'd probably want something with more mid range "growl", if you will.
The rogue amps are decent, and not terribly expensive, crates are also good, but pricey, I've had 3 Crate amps-(wish I'd kept that last one)

Who doesn't want a Marshall full stack...? lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #6
check out the marshall DFX amps theyre pretty cheap for Marshal and sound awesome. thats what I had I ended up hooking something up that fried it though. dont hook a stereo into an amp its not good for them. anyway if you got the funding the best amp Ive ever heard was the Marshall 300 watt heads they came out with last year or the year before. The JCM900 I believe is the model is a great amp to its what alot of heavy artists use Zakk Wylde for example. just something to check into. If you buy new deffinately check out Marshall and Crate. a kazillion musicians cant be wrong :D. I would personally go with Marshall over Crate Ive owned both and the Marshall had better tone for metal and blues and similar music but thats only my opinion.
The Crate sounded like I had it stuck in a trash can and didnt have much of a low end. My Marshall made your insides rattle.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #7
Believe it or not, my buddy plays thru a bass amp, and it will rattle your teeth, (yes, we actually have all our teeth, lol) I'd like to get something with more low end, but not quite where it'll knock stuff off the walls at volume 3, lol.
'Course, it works out good, cause we don't have a bassist...
'98 Explorer 5.0

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #8
bassist's are hard to come by it seems. If you want something with low end and are willing to play through a bass amp, check out the peavey kilobass head and 8X10 cab. With god as my witness I seen an amp just like it turned up to 4 put a woman into orgasm.
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

SOLD!!!!

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #9
Quote from: Master_xzavior
bassist's are hard to come by it seems.

haha hey everybody.... im a bassist but yea im looking at the ones at guitarcenter, that is when i get some more money in my pockets

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #10
Quote from: Master_xzavior
With god as my witness I seen an amp just like it turned up to 4 put a woman into orgasm.

Hmmmm, I think I may learn bass now...
'98 Explorer 5.0

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #11
lmao @ fordtruckfreek dude thats funny I noticed you started quoting that.
And 87thunderbirdblackjack if youre playing bass make sure you get a bass amp not a guitar amp. yeah the distortions cool and all but trust me from experience the low tones of the bass will blow the amp speaker up easier. Not only that but just in my opinion the guitar amp doesnt reproduce the low end like a bass amp does. Basically Guitar= any amps Bass = bass amps.
Peavey makes some of the best bass amp equipment that I've heard as well as being pocket book friendly along with durable.
Anything will last if you take care of it and baby it but Peavey stood up to the last two bass players I had and asked for more. Not that Im trying to sell that brand or anything which Im starting to sound like Im doing, but I used to play semi professionally. My band could be heard at a house 5 miles away at our outside parties. If its the distortion youre looking for which alot of Bass players do get you a good Bass amp and look into effects pedals. DOD makes some descent ones see if you can find one called Grunge. Im not sure they make those for bass but still it would be cheaper to replace then the amp itself. The brand of pedal that really sold me was Digitech. They make an awesome product as well. Again brands are only my opinion talking but my opinion is based on what I think heavy metal grunge and rock should sound like.
And we know what they say about opinions :D

SOLD!!!!

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #12
well ive got both, see my predicament lol............ just looking for somthing cheap that wil push out some sound..... maybe that i could hook some extra speakers of somthing like that up to.....

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #13
try the puppies shops then make sure they let you test stuff first though

SOLD!!!!

Guitar Amp wanted

Reply #14
thats a good idea