Skip to main content
Topic: Suspension done, here are pictures. (Read 1724 times) previous topic - next topic

Suspension done, here are pictures.

OMG I need a new camera! Sorry about the uber shiznitty pictures.

Car is dirty! Too cold to wash it though.

The rear has 01 GT springs and shocks.

The front has 01 GT struts and the GT springs with one coil cut off of them to level it out.

I'm in love with the new look! Can't really tell on the handling yet as there is a fresh dusting of sand on the roads because of last nights ice.

Now to get the final alignment and the other two tires installed!

One 88

Reply #1
if you put in a 5.0 you will need that extra coil back. otherwise that is a mean looking stance.. any rub in the front?

Reply #2
Actually, the 4.6L still weights more than the 5.0, so it might not be *too* bad. Either way, 99+ GT springs are easy to find.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
sweet ride height there...although i hate it when people cut coils down....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
Looks great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
looks dam nice, did you post your engine size and some pix in the springs/suspension sticky? i gotta say, i think your car is going to take shawns car's spot in the coolest v6 car catagorie. just gotta get it detailed and that piece of trim back on.

Reply #7
Man the 11" brakes are a BIG improvement! And from what little joy riding I've done today I can tell it really wan'ts to hug some corners! I'll have to make my way to 8birdy8's house and have him shoot some pics of it with his digi.

Quote from: shame302
sweet ride height there...although i hate it when people cut coils down....

I didn't wan't to do it, but it was in 4x4 mode.

Quote from: Shawn
Actually, the 4.6L still weighs more than the 5.0, so it might not be *too* bad. Either way, 99+ GT springs are easy to find.

Thats what I thought.

Quote from: Nate
looks dam nice, did you post your engine size and some pix in the springs/suspension sticky? i gotta say, i think your car is going to take shawns car's spot in the coolest v6 car catagorie. just gotta get it detailed and that piece of trim back on.

:banana: I've got a lead on some new body panels, and I'll be on my way to smoothness.
One 88

Reply #8
All I see is red x's.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #9
My Geocities acount has probably hit its bandwidth max for the day.
One 88

Reply #10
ride height looks great. awesome work. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #11
 nice job Claude... keep up the good work.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

nice work!

Reply #12
excellent job claude! Looks real nice. Hopefully i will have garage clear on sat and well take some great shots of the car. That ride height is exactly how i want mine to look. I may have to work sat till 1100. i was at our favorite place on tues and the tc is still there if you want to get the rear end and such. I will call you tonight for sure

Reply #13
Quote from: 8birdy8
excellent job claude! Looks real nice. Hopefully i will have garage clear on sat and well take some great shots of the car. That ride height is exactly how i want mine to look. I may have to work sat till 1100. i was at our favorite place on tues and the tc is still there if you want to get the rear end and such. I will call you tonight for sure

Jim they took the center section out of the axle. :(  I would really like to get the exhuast off of the thing.
One 88

Reply #14
Looks awesome Claude.