Skip to main content
Topic: I hate iPods (Read 3545 times) previous topic - next topic

I hate iPods

Reply #15
It still sounds to me like there's a conflict with the ports on the computer. Strange...anyway, there is great info here about the iPod: http://www.ilounge.com

You may need to hard reset the iPod. If that doesn't help, then a fresh reformatting off the computer is probably in order. You're not using a USB 1.1 port, are you? Because that won't charge the iPod. Same with a 4-pin Firewire port...it has to be 6-pin to charge it.

I own 2 iPods (2G/20GB and 3G/40GB) and trust me, they can be problematic. Most of the time for me, though, the problem is on the iPod itself and not the computer. For example...the 3G won't last more than 4-6 hours tops on a charge, even with reformatting and whatnot. Still...wouldn't trade it for the world...even though I'm starting to dig the Samsung products and like their new MP3 player.

I hate iPods

Reply #16
My wife got me the new video one for X_mas.  I've only put music on it so far.  How would I be able to load my own videos on it?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!