Skip to main content
Topic: gatbird: 87' 5.0 Lx New paint and other (Read 1976 times) previous topic - next topic

gatbird: 87' 5.0 Lx New paint and other

Here's my car, all re-done and cleaned up. Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Reply #1
OOOh, love the color.  Grille looks sweet too.  Nice ride.

Reply #2
Ohhh, I can smell the freshness of the paint. Very nice :D

Reply #3
looks awesome bro..... even the smoked headlights

very awesome

Reply #4
You need sum neww RimZ For yo ride Dogg.
One 88

Reply #5
Dark blue is always a good color to go with! lol... nice ride!

Reply #6
ok . that there is one badass looking car . sweet .

Z
hunting for another 87-88 bird
If it's got tits or tires its gunna cost you money !

Reply #7
nice color. and the grill is nice.

is the hood on striaght?

Reply #8
yeah that grill is nice. and those wheels seem to be popular with birds. i had a set... didn't like em though. your paint looks fantastic though. i can only dream of a decent paint job. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #9
looks clean you think about black rims yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #10
Black would look like shiznit on his car.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #11
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Its all PPG global paint and me and my buddy did all the paint and body work, even the shaved emblems and antenna. The car used to be dark grey but I wanted something different. Its a dark blue that Lexus used to use (Code 8k8). We jambed out everything (Inside the doors, quarters trunk etc).
We smoked the headlights with a custom black candy and did the grill in a semi gloss black. I also blacked out the chrome mouldings around the windows and re-sprayed the mirrors to freshen them up. The car still hasn't been sanded and buffed, right now its still straight out of the gun.

Funky Cricket: The hood is a bit off but theres a decent reason for that. I had a complete turbo coupe front end on it and about 3 days before we were going to paint it I rear ended a camry and screwed it all up. After pulling the core support on the frame rack and swapping on all the original sheet metal the front corner of the hood sticks up just a bit. I'm sure I could fix it, but its not bad enough, and I'd rather be driving in the cleaned up car than still working on it, know what I'm saying?

I do want a new set of wheels, the old 15" five stars are definantly out dated. I am however looking for a set of darker rims, maybe not black, but graphite. Thanks again all.

Reply #12
Quote from: DerikWayne
Dark blue is always a good color to go with! lol... nice ride!

:iagree: :tetas:
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Reply #13
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
:iagree: :tetas:
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I guess we'll always agree on the color! lol

Reply #14
Hey, your bird looks pretty nice. Mine is in the process right now. I can't wait to get it back.