Skip to main content
Topic: First cars.. (Read 3159 times) previous topic - next topic

First cars..

digging through pictures and founs a few of mine  i miss the old car... lots of memories and fun.

1970 ford torino sportsroof> cobra clone

.40 over 351w lunati cam,double pumper etc was later swapped for a 429/c-6

when i first bought it at 13 yrs old with no motor trans etc...

i rebuilt everything on this car by myself it is how i learned to do mechanic work i really owe everything i know to it and my dad for lending a helping hand.

It makes me tear up to think of the car and what it looks like now it is very sad. Someday i will resuce it when i get in the situation i can buy it back.

post up your first cars...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

First cars..

Reply #1
You're looking at it :D
Actually my first car was going to be the '76 Camaro I have but that project didn't get off the ground in time.
I needed something to drive and found the Cougar.

My dad's first car was a '71 Comet GT that he bought brand new. He then modified it by just doing some basic stuff, carb, headers, exhaust and some tires and wheels. It was a pretty cool little car.
He got rid of it though when he married my mom in 1973 and bought a new larger '73 Charger.
I'll have to find the pictures of the Comet.

First cars..

Reply #2
First driveable car was an 87 hyundai stellar, traded my dirtbike for it when I was 16 or so, this is the only pic I have of it a few years after I sold it at the local import wrecker. I was just back there and the car's stuck in the back against a fence stripped right down 4 years after I first seen it there! theyre getting their money out of it, atleast I get to see how my bodywork has held up :p

Even though it was a lowly 4dr import it still has a special place in my heart *tear*
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

First cars..

Reply #3
My first car when I was about 16 and it was the 86' T-bird that I am going to junk, becasue after trying to fix a hole in the oil pan, I realized that the front shock tower had a ring rusted around it.  Ardound that time, I found a 87 cougar in nearly perfect condition.  That is what I was driving around until about a month ago, when I put it in a ditch, and bent the frame.  My mom doesn't really want me to fix it, but I am really thinking about it.  I'm 18 right now.

First cars..

Reply #4
I guess I need to scan some pictures of the 'ol '73 F-100 to show you guys.

First cars..

Reply #5
i got my truck about a month befor i turned 17, i am now 19. when i got it i thought it would need an engine right from the start but it turned out that it just had some bad vacspooge leaks. i have now ran it nearly 40,000 miles and am starting on building a new engine for it. im building a fuel injected 300ci inline six twin turbo. this truck will be with me until either it gets totaled (which won't happen because i baby this truc) or i die.

First cars..

Reply #6
My first was a '78 Trans Am, originally a 400 car with WS6 suspension and rear dic brakes but somebody had transplanted a '70 LT1 into it. The car was ugly - typical of 2nd gen F-bodies, the whole rear rusted off. It was rattle can black (I painted right over the gold Chicken decals). The interior was extremely basic (vinyl seats, manual windows) and had no carpet, just the bare metal floor. Still, the combination of the LT1 and the lightweight (mostly missing) body made for one hell of a fast car. I called it Bertha and loved that car to death. My second car was an '80 Forumla that had a great body and interior but the sucked out 301 engine. I always wished I had that car's body with Bertha's heart. Someday I'll have another black 76-78 T/A in perfect shape...

*edit* 84 T-Bird - I just noticed your sig. If you're going to claim that anything you say is based on some form of intelligence you might wanna spell the word right :p
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

First cars..

Reply #7
Here are the pics of my dad's Comet. These were taken the day he traded it in. Man I wish he still had this thing.

I believe he added a holley carb, headman hedders and dual exhaust from a '69 or '70 Mustang. He also cut the hood so the scoop would be functional.

First cars..

Reply #9
Purchase date: July 19, 1994
1987 LS
65K miles
$5695

Washiznit by drunk driver at 200K miles. I parted it out and what was left was towed away this past May:

"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

First cars..

Reply #10
I've lost the only pic I have of it, but my first car was a 1966 Nova.  Man that thing was a beast.  4 door with a 6 cylinder and a power glide.  I've been trying to buy it back for some time now but It keeps changing hands and I'm always a day late and a dollar short.
One 88

First cars..

Reply #11
First car I had was given to me by my parents:87 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.6L Mitsubishi I4. Had 59,000 miles on it. I killed it at 78,000 miles in the fall of '04 on a trip to visit my buddy at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. Apparently the 2.6L didn't like going 85mph for 2 hours straight and it jumped a tooth on the timing chain.

The first car I bought with my own money was my Tbird. I bought it in 02 when I was 17.  It's basically just a fun car now. It could be a daily driver but it's too nice to screw up in the winter/salt season.

My current daily driver is a 93 Buick Century 3.3L V6. Boring ass car:yuck:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

First cars..

Reply #12
My first was an '85 5.0 Cougar.

It was totaled on April 8, 2000.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

First cars..

Reply #13
Ahhh my first car. That would be the only other car I've owned besides my TC, and my beater Tempo- my old 1990 Mustang LX 2.3L. I drove that car from my senior year of high school (got it Sept. '98) til about 2004. It was totaled once and fixed, and mashed up a couple other times. The top picture shows it at about the best it ever was, when I had it out in St. Louis at the World Ford Challenge in 2002. 3 days after driving 560 miles home without incident, I hit a deer less than 2 miles from my house, as shown in the second picture, and busted out my cobra grille insert that had been painted for a whole 2 months:disappoin After that the car pretty much went downhill...it was relegated to "beater" and slowly rusted itself to death, I found my TC that winter, and I actually just sold the mustang this last October to some guys for parts for $100.

I wasted way too much money on that car, but ah well. It was actually a good car, I liked it, and I definitely want another Fox mustang sometime down the road, even if it is another 2.3L.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

First cars..

Reply #14
 jkirchman, what the hell did you hit?

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip