Skip to main content
Topic: T-Bird Wall paper (Read 1199 times) previous topic - next topic

T-Bird Wall paper

Hey everyone,

I made this earlier and figured I'd share it with everyone. The style of photoshop is a tad rip off of how I see a lot of the graphics around here and coolcats done. I was experimenting with those same ideas and trying to figure out how they were done. I always thought it made Eric's site look really professtional.

I hope the owner of the car doesn't mind that I used the image without their permission... I know he's a poster around here.

CLICK TO OPEN FULL SIZE

I was looking back thru pictures of t-birds I'd saved on my computer, and sort of made it as a reminder for myself not to lose hope on dreams of really making my car into something great. I'm sure a lot of you can relate (if not all of you) to really wanting to turn your car into something awesome, but bills, routine maintenance due to the age of these cars, and all the surprises in between its easy to get discouraged. I have it set as my wallpaper here at work as a reminder that it can be done.
Fly on Thunderbird, Fly! Operation Buy Back My Tbird or one like it funding: $0

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #1
Looks good Matt, i love the clear head lights..i'm jelious lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #2
, I linked it to the wrong thing! I fixed it now. I had it linking to an old pic of my car...ooops.

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #3
Definitly a few cars on this site make me jealous.  I'd name names but i don't want to.  Mainly the one with the big motor.  Anyway, i've lost alot of hope and such also.  I've made little progress here and there but i'm always fixing something or finding new bills.  Definitly keep on dreamin, cause when you stop dreaming it's time to die.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #4
Quote from: Metal Matt

I hope the owner of the car doesn't mind that I used the image without their permission... I know he's a poster around here.

I don't mind....as long as my royalty cheque is in the mail!:giggle:

Looks cool man. I got some updated pics with the current wheels if you want 'em. Let me know and I can send them to you.

I was looking back thru pictures of t-birds I'd saved on my computer, and sort of made it as a reminder for myself not to lose hope on dreams of really making my car into something great. I'm sure a lot of you can relate (if not all of you) to really wanting to turn your car into something awesome, but bills, routine maintenance due to the age of these cars, and all the surprises in between its easy to get discouraged. I have it set as my wallpaper here at work as a reminder that it can be done.

Never give up on it if you have a dream to get your car to a certain level. A lot of people that don't know me in my area think I've got a money tree in my backyard which is why I got mine to the level it's at. What most don't know is that's simply not the case. I've got bills and responsibilities just like everybody else. It was a long gradual journey to get this car to where it is today....I've been at it since '91 doing a bit at a time as money and access to parts allowed. There were plenty of setbacks along the way as well (3 times over the years I missed out on quality donor cars to do the 5.0 swap....doesn't sound like a big deal but they're very hard to come by here in the Toronto area without getting raped price wise) There was and still is lots of sacrifice too.....lots of late nights and weekends spent in the garage while friends were out having fun, 1 vacation in 15 years,  where I actually travelled somewhere, I don't spend much money on anything other than my car when it comes to "toys" so I can save up for goodies, I drive an old car (and have since I was a teenager), etc, etc.

Bottom line is if you want it bad enough....you'll make it happen.

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #5
Glad you guys dig it. :) Hawk, thanks for sharing your tale. Its really inspiring and I can really relate to it. Especially the part about "toys."

If you have new pictures, I'd love to see 'em.

T-Bird Wall paper

Reply #8
By the way, nice wall paper ;)