MS Cert 70-290

WOOOO HOOOOO...

815 on the first try. eat it windows. :tg:

anyway. must share the joy. :D

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #1
Wow, Congrats Man!

For those who dont Know

" 70 290 : Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment"

i am trying to get Unix Certification but the test is haaaaard !
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #2
yah. i have upcoming in the next couple months a+, network+, and 270 (xp workstation) not that hard, but going to try to bust them out asap. then 291 (networking environment) then.. i don't know maybe a sercurity elective.

yah, the unix stuff is pretty hard, so is the Cisco stuff.

290 was supposed to be the hardest of the 290 series for M$, so i am pretty happy i did so well.

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #3
man  back in the day a a+ could get you a job anywhere.`
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #4
Hell you still have to have an A+ to get a job.  I'm getting ready to finish up my Cisco stuff,  your right its hard.
One 88

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #5
yah, my company wants me to get a+ network+ and xp (70-270)
but those shouldn't be too bad really.

Certs.

Reply #6
I've got my A+ Hardware, going for the software within a month..Then going for my Network+, MCP, Server+ and possibly might try the MCSA.  Also, might try to throw in some Linux/Unix certs.  I'd like to eventually get Cicso certs as they're the top dogs and that'll put you over the edge over most places, but you also might be "over-qualified" for the job too!!

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #7
taking my 70-282 small business in the next week or so.
then A+ after that.

still can't believe I dont have my A+, I should have gotten it long ago.
I was reading over some of that stuff and I had forgotten alot of it years ago!! hehe

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #8
Yeah, it's not that bad..I didn't do as well as I would of liked, but I passed and no1 will know your results and/or ask you for them, unless you tell them.  They just want to see that card that says you're certified. My recommendations are to read over printer technologies, the basis of that test is always on printers.  Mine consisted of a lot of troubleshooting, printers and networking. Good luck!!!!!!!

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #9
printers are a snap, I worked in a high volume print center for a wharehouse for 4 years...

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #10
I just passed the first test of the two CCNA tests I need.  Good god those are ridiculous.  I've been breathing this Cisco stuff for awhile now.  I got some of that Test King stuff and it helped alot.  Definitly worth the cash.

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #11
Cisco certs are no joke.  But once you get them, you're like the top dog....Sometimes, you're over-qualified!!!!!

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #12
yah, specially since they toughened up the tests... good luck to you.

I just passed the 70-282 Small Business Server, that was a joke if you knew the 2k3 server stuff.

MS Cert 70-290

Reply #13
Quote from: sscobrapride
I just passed the first test of the two CCNA tests I need.  Good god those are ridiculous.  I've been breathing this Cisco stuff for awhile now.

Well good for you, but just be ready to breath it in another 3or4 years.

I hate cisco, networking should be fun! not a drag of triple negative conjugates.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel