Skip to main content
Topic: Drink up! (Read 1528 times) previous topic - next topic

Drink up!

Reply #1
heh...im glad i always order my drinks with no ice. never thought about unclean ice machines though. i just hated the they fill the cup most of the way with ice....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Drink up!

Reply #2
*shrugs* been drinking it for almost 21 years, no problems yet.
It's Gumby's fault.

Drink up!

Reply #3
That's nice...
Come to think of it, I've watched them fill the ice machines. They had one of those large white industrial size detergent style buckets filled with ice and dumped it in.

Oh well, I'm sure there are enough problems with the employees that prepare your food so this probably isn't too bad. Always hear of picking the french fries off the ground and serving them and whatnot.

Drink up!

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird232ci
*shrugs* been drinking it for almost 21 years, no problems yet.

That's because you're already diseased.. :p

Drink up!

Reply #5
And it feels good.
It's Gumby's fault.

Drink up!

Reply #6
lol...i think its more unhealthy to be too clean anyway...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Drink up!

Reply #7
I work in fast food. Believe me, the ice is made by using filtered water. Looks pretty good to me?? She must just live in a dirty town. Rotten filthballs care more about cleaning toilets then changing the ice filter.

Drink up!

Reply #8
Quote from: Cougarcruisin
I work in fast food. Believe me, the ice is made by using filtered water. Looks pretty good to me?? She must just live in a dirty town. Rotten filthballs care more about cleaning toilets then changing the ice filter.

Water filtration isn't the only issue here.

Even on our little 3/5-gallon water dispenser here at the house, (we don't drink the well water here, too nasty even after being filtered twice) we get stuff growing on the cold water nozzle.. sometimes builds up enough to restrict flow before we notice it. Also, if we leave a bottle out in direct sunlight for awhile, it'll start turning green because algae starts growing in there. Just because the water may be treated beforehand doesn't mean it is or is going to remain bacteria-free or free of other contaminants. Any surface it comes in contact with can contaminate the water/ice. Could be in the ice machine, could be the bucket's dirty, whatever.

All that being said, I didn't give up fast food drinks over this. I gave 'em up because I gave up soda when I gave up beer/liquor. Also gave up fries. Too many empty calories, and in the case of the fries, I should be cutting down on potato products anyway. However, my alternative isn't all that great, since I usually end up ordering two sandwiches instead of a sandwich combo meal. (it's usually a grilled chicken sandwich, and a single cheeseburger) Let's just say I'm still in the planning stages of this whole diet-change thing. :p

Drink up!

Reply #9
After reading that article, I feel so much better going out to eat now! lol... McDonald's here I come!

Drink up!

Reply #10
Ice.....building up yout immunity since 1837.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Drink up!

Reply #11
i don't  get ice at a resteraunt or anywhere else for two reasons. 1.the drink is better worm that wattery (is that a word?) and 2.why pay for watter when i can get it frrom the tap for free.

Drink up!

Reply #12
I always order it sans ice myself, mainly because fountain pop tastes watered down enough without the ice.

On the subject of fast food drinks, WTF is up with McDonald's orange pop? That shiznit is FOUL. Their root beer leaves much to be desired too, tasting like flat A&W root beer...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Drink up!

Reply #13
dang shes 12 whats she know

but seriously folks as with anything buyer beware ice and all and remember germs are a good thing sometimes

Drink up!

Reply #14
Being that I've been drinking untreated well water at my house, which has a bunch of iron and minerals and God knows what else in it, for 24 of my 25 years on this earth, I'm not too concerned about the ice in restaurants. That  well water'll probably kill me anyway.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip