Skip to main content
Topic: Sage green '85 cat (Read 1876 times) previous topic - next topic

Sage green '85 cat

Check it out. It's beautiful and it's got a 5.0.
85,000mi
$1,200

Sage Green Cougar

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #1
Okay I love Cougars.  I've been driving them for ten years.  I've never driven anything but a Cougar.

But that color is rare for a reason.  It's because no one ordered it because it is god-awful.  :yuck:

Sorry Fred.  The car is super nice.  But .  lol
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #2
Quote from: jkirchman
Okay I love Cougars.  I've been driving them for ten years.  I've never driven anything but a Cougar.

But that color is rare for a reason.  It's because no one ordered it because it is god-awful.  :yuck:

Sorry Fred.  The car is super nice.  But .  lol

Oh, come on Jim, you know you want it.
Okay so it's not everybodies cup of tea. That's cool.
I still like it though.

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #3
I have to agree, although I love the dark sage green, the light sage green is uggggly. Maybe if it were two toned with silver a-la Foose's Grandmaster?
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #4
It would be my cup of tea if I could spare the cash for it. :p My cup of GREEN tea, no less! :p

(yeah, ok, awful joke.. but I've been addicted to green tea lately.. and couldn't pass up the joke)

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #5
My first Thunderbird (85, zero-option V6) was that color. Mine was even rarer, though, in that it had the grey interior (a buddy had one identical to mine with the tan interior tho). Gotta agree, it's fugly.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #6
Well I will say it isn't the green I'd want first, (partial to colors like deep jewel green) but I wouldn't exactly turn it down. If nothing else, it's a change from all the blue vehicles I have now. :p

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #7
Some of you may say the color is fugly but I think not. Especially when compared to sand beige :yuck:

My apologies if you own a car that color.

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #8
i dont care what color the car is...could be pink, who cares...that car looks pretty mint from the pic.if it wasnt for the new cars in the showroom it say it looks like a file photo...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #9
Just took a second look at the other photos, that thing really is mint. I don't even see a trace of a rust. Looks like the wheels have been repainted though, the recesses are no longer black and neither is the Cougar head.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #10
The recesses and Cougar head aren't supposed to be black, at least they weren't on my '88 LS. Completely off topic, but remembering those wheels and my post about the future in another thread made me think: I actually threw those old wheels in the dumpster. I tried selling 'em, I tried giving 'em away, and finally I got tired of seeing them lying around and chucked 'em. 20 years from now, when somebody is looking for a set for a restoration and is willing to pay big bucks, I'll kick my own ass...

...And come to think of it, the light sage T-Bird didn't look too bad after I added the chrome Cragar wheels. What made it look bad on my car was the poor color match of the tough up paint I used to repair some of the rust...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #11
That car's a beauty.  I really need to widen my driveway so I can fit more cars in it.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #12
I want that car's grille!

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #13
Wow! Nice find! Right now I'm only 40 minutes away from that Cougar. If anybody needs a ride to pick up that car, give me a holler. ;)  Someone on this board better grab this one and hang on for dear life. :giggle:
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Sage green '85 cat

Reply #14
On a second look, and reading the description, this may have been a case of too good to be true:

CLASSIC COUGAR! POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS, POWER DRIVERS SEAT, POWER MIRRORS, A/C, V-8, NEW PA. INSPECTIONS. ALLOY WHEELS, NEW BATTERY, PULSE WIPERS, AM/FM RADIO - SOUND GREAT, RUNS AND SHIFTS GREAT, REPAINT, NEEDS HEADLINER AND SOME TLC. GREAT FIX UP CAR.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...